Tuesday, April 12, 2011

White Bean Hash with Eggs



I love breakfast.  I love breakfast any time of the day.


This was a great hash, without the potatoes.  For 335 calories, this was a fantastic, filling, high protein meal. 


We've made this several times and it just gets better and better. Whether it's for breakfast or dinner.




White Bean Hash with Eggs Recipe
Adapted from How Sweet It Is


1 (15 oz) can white beans, drained & rinsed
4 slices turkey bacon
4 green onions, chopped
2 eggs

Cook bacon in non stick pan. Remove when done and drain on a paper towel. Add onions to pan and cook for about 5 minutes.  Add beans to onions and stir.  Crumble bacon and add to beans and onions.  Scoot bean mixture to one side and fry eggs on the other side. We like ours over hard but cook yours however you'd like.  Add eggs on top of bean mixtures and serve.  2 servings.


Total calories = 670 calories
2 servings = 335 calories per serving


One Year Ago...











Spicy Turkey Burgers


This is linked with:
No Whine Wednesday at Food on the Table

Let's Do Brunch at My Sweet and Savory
Works for me Wednesday at We are THAT Family
Real Food Wednesdays at Kelly the Kitchen Kop
What's on your Plate? at Good Cheap Eats
What's on the Menu Wednesdays at Dining with Debbie
This Weeks Craving: Eggs at Moms Crazy Cooking
Recipe of the Week at Family Fresh Meals
Ultimate Recipe Swap: Breakfast at Life as Mom

Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

16 comments:

  1. Those look so good! I would never have thought to replace the potatoes with the beans! Love that!!! Also, it looks like you've added something "red" to the sauce...maybe some spices???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love breakfast food for any meal too! And I love beans...I bet this is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! That sounds good. I will have to try it the next time I made eggs and hash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I love beans anytime...and they look really awesome made into a hash. Bring it on =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candi: I think the "red" that you see is just the browned bacon bits from the bottom of the pan. I'm pretty sure I just used salt and pepper. I kept it really simple.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We would LOVE for you to come on over and link up this recipe! GREAT Egg Dish and it's perfect.... for THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS. Our theme is "EGG DISHES" we hope to see you there! :-)

    http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/04/this-weeks-cravings-linky-party-24-egg.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to make this either tomorrow or Thursday! I LOVE beans and it is a perfect sub!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so good, I would love a a breakfast like this! and you are right, I could also eat breakfast any time of day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds so delicious... and I bet it's super filling! Great meal, morning or night.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmmmm that looks like the kind of meal that is quick and easy for me while I am on my own. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've done refried beans for breakfast, never thought of white beans!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eggs are on our mind with our posts; looking healthy good.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  13. The perfect pantry dinner, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for linking this delicious and healthy recipe to Let's Do Brunch last week. We liked it so much we've featured it this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, what a fantastic composition! I haven't tried it before and it looks like a good dinner! You may also suggest some more vitamin rich vegetables to make it complete, but that's only to make it perfect.

    ReplyDelete