Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Spaghetti Squash with Garlic Alfredo and Bacon



This tasted way too good to be this low calorie. Seriously.

Bacon.  Cheese.  Creamy sauce.  Low calorie. Pure deliciousness.

 I know, it doesn't make sense. I didn't believe it either at first. 


I bought a spaghetti squash and stared at it for a few days before figuring out what to do with it. 

I took my favorite pizza and decided to incorporate the ingredients into this.  It's the chicken bacon alfredo pizza.  I seriously drooled a bit while typing it.  So good! 


I knew that I loved all the ingredients so it would be good. I underestimated HOW good it would be though. 



The slightly caramelized onions with the bit of bacon grease was perfect with this.  Turkey bacon is so much lower calorie and it doesn't yield much grease but you just need a bit.  I think the only think I would do different is add a bit more garlic.

Make this. You won't regret it.



Spaghetti Squash with Garlic Alfredo with Bacon

1 large spaghetti squash, 2.3 lbs.
Classico Garlic Alfredo Sauce, 15 oz.
Mozzarella cheese, 2 cups
Chicken, cooked & chopped, 9 oz.
Turkey Bacon, 6 slices
1 onion, sliced
Salt and pepper

Split spaghetti squash in half place on baking sheet with a bit of water.  Roast in oven at 375 for about 45 min - 1 hour until done.  Let cool and scrape squash into a 9 x 13 pan sprayed with cooking spray. 

Cook bacon until crispy.  Crush when cool.  Saute onions in the small amount of bacon grease in pan.  Spray with a bit of cooking spray if needed. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Top squash with Alfredo Sauce.  Sprinkle one cup of mozzarella cheese.  Top with chopped chicken, bacon and sauteed onions. 

Top with remaining one cup of cheese.  Bake in oven for about 25 minutes at 350 until heated through and cheese is melted. 

Total calories = 1644 calories
8 servings = 206 calories per serving

2 servings Spaghetti Squash with Garlic Alfredo and Bacon = 412 calorie dinner

One Year Ago...










Garlic, Tomato, Cheesy Zucchini


This is linked with:

No Whine Wednesday at Food on the Table
Let's Do Brunch at My Sweet and Savory
Works for me Wednesday at We are THAT Family
Real Food Wednesdays at Kelly the Kitchen Kop
What's on your Plate? at Good Cheap Eats
What's on the Menu Wednesdays at Dining with Debbie
Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum
Ingredient Spotlight: Bacon at Eat at Home




Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

29 comments:

  1. OMG. That sounds absolutely delicious. Husband claims to not like squash, but I think if it is covered with Alfredo, chicken, cheese, and bacon he might feel differently. I'm definetely printing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing and did I mention I am still drooling!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one good cook, Debbie. Thanks for linking it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so amazing. I cannot wait to try it. Wonderful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My love for pasta is why my jeans dont fit after the winter... thanks for this recipe... I look forward to trying it... have always read about Spaghetti Squash, I was just afraid to try something new.... Thanks for the boost!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much deliciousness AND it's low cal??? Oh I am making this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds amazing!!! I always wondered what to make with spaghetti squash. I bought it once and didn't really love it. I'll have to try it again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had me at garlic and bacon! My family hates spaghetti squash - I love it - thanks for the idea (and of course I am leaving out the onions!) :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bacon. Cheese. Creamy sauce. This reads like a love note!

    I've never attempted spaghetti squash. My mom did. Once. It was nothing like this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a brilliant idea! Only wish I thought of it ;) I can't wait to try it out!

    Mary xo
    Delightful Bitefuls

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now this looks amazing and full of calories;you succeeded in making it healthy; love this combination.
    Rtia

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks fantastic! I love using spaghetti squash.

    I tagged you in a Mother's Day menu game. Feel free to play along.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks incredible! Now I may actually try spaghetti squash myself finally!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now THAT is fantabulous. BACON! That combined with garlic alfredo is just the thing to get anybody to eat their veggies ;) I must try this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is extremely low CARB too - a lifestyle many ppl are following now. Me included - too bad I don't like spaghetti squash :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I'm TOTALLY making this. I'm making my menus for the next two weeks and I'm going to be using a lot of your recipes, hubby and I are eating low calorie meals right now :)

    YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  17. With all of those yummy ingredients, it had to have been fantastic! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woman, this is a stinkin' masterpiece!! I so have to make this.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a unique recipe!! We like everything in this recipe and grew so many spaghetti squash last year that I ran out of ideas for it. I will definitely give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I usually just make my spaghetti squash with a little butter, but I'll have to remember this version next time.

    Happy Foodie Friday.
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh my goodness, this is pure genius! thanks for telling me about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This looks seriously delicious. I have never used spaghetti squash--been SCARED--but I'm going to try it. XX00

    ReplyDelete
  23. You're killing me Debbi. . .this looks so good. I will try this soon.

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  24. DEBAY!!!! I knew I had to make this the moment I saw it so I put it on the menu and whipped it up for tonight's dinner. Just as incredible as you said! My husband loved it too. Thanks so much for sharing this one. You are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This sounds just wonderful Debbi, and it looks SO good! Thank you so much for sharing it with Let's Do Brunch. Hope to see you there again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This does sound wonderful! And we eat turkey bacon all the time... our son cannot have pork very often. We'll have to try this for sure.

    ReplyDelete