Saturday, April 16, 2011

Peanut Butter Marbled Brownies

I saw this recipe and pretty much got up and made it right away.  Yup.  It's that impulse baking again. Not good for the hips. 

The kids however were thrilled.  Peanut butter and chocolate of course are just made for each other.  So these of course were a huge hit.  I'm not sure they lasted the whole day. 

I used brownie batter from Costco.  I used 2 bags that were directed for use in a 9 x 13 in. pan. I have a feeling that this might have been more than your standard size brownie box as they were for "extra thick" brownies.  I ended up putting in another 1/4 cup oil and 1/4 cup water for a better consistency.  The original recipe is below. 

Peanut Butter Brownies
Adapted from As Sweet As Sugar Cookies

Peanut butter mixture:
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup flour
2 eggs

1 box brownie mix (9 x 13 size)
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup water
2 eggs

Spray a 9 x 13 in. pan with cooking spray.  Combine sugar, peanut butter, flour and eggs.  Mix on medium speed for about 2 minutes and then set aside.

Stir together the brownie mix, water, oil and eggs.  Spread evenly in baking pan.  Drop peanut butter mixture by tablespoonfuls onto brownie batter. Swirl through batter with a knife.  Bake for 40 - 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. 

One Year Ago...

Green Chile Pepper and Cream Cheese Burger

This is linked with:
Sweets for a Saturday at Sweet as Sugar Cookies

Calories calculated from Some numbers are approximate and rounded.


  1. OMG, the magic pair, Pb and chocolate! I will have to take a look in my pantry to see if we have an elusive box of brownie mix.........

  2. I do a lot of that impulse baking!! Sometimes when I see a recipe I have to make it NOW! I can understand why these brownies would be one of those recipes. They wouldn't last a day in our house.

  3. Peanut butter and chocolate.....The perfect hand n'glove flavor combination. I can see why you got up immediately and made these brownies. Awesome.


  4. Oh my lord. I'm speechless. Amazing.

  5. Yum! All that's missing is a hot cup of coffee and I'm in heaven.

  6. Not healthy, but how can you resist? They look fabulous!

  7. Yum! I love anything peanut butter and chocolate! :)

  8. Hi hopped over from ott's blog - the name of your blog is hugely appealing - I too try and keep all my recipes on the low-calorie zone - I will check to see if there are some veggie recipes on your blog :) But the marble cake looks very inviting!

  9. Peanut butter and chocolate unbeatable combination, looks so delicious.