Friday, April 29, 2011

Easy & Tasty Beer Bread




I don't make a lot of bread.  I don't have a bread maker and I hate kneading.  I also don't have a lot of patience to let bread rest, rise and rest some more.

Which is why this bread seemed incredibly intriguing.  No machine, no kneading, no waiting.  Except for the oven.  This was the easiest bread I've made. 


The bread came out moist with a buttery, crunchy top and we all loved it!  We ate it with a delicious chunky meaty chili. 




Beer Bread
Recipe from Recipe Rhapsody


3 cups of flour
1/4 cup splenda (or sugar)
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 (12 oz.) bottle of beer
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.  Sift the dry ingredients together in a large bowl and stir briefly to combine.  Pour beer over the flour mixture and stir to combine.  The mixture will be thick and not like regular bread dough.  Dump into the prepared pan and spread out as evenly as possible.  Pour the melted butter over the top and bake for 1 hour.  The butter will run down the sides and underneath as it bakes.  I recommend putting a pan on the rack under the bread in case the butter leaks over, it did somewhat on mine.  Remove from pan and cool slightly before serving. 


Total calories = 2271 calories

One Year Ago...








Whole Wheat Banana Muffins

This is linked with:
Ingredient Spotlight: Quick Breads at Eat at Home


Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

12 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! I had to read the ingredients a couple of times to figure out you meant a can of beer when you wrote: 1 (12 oz.) beef. (I was wondering why is it called beer bread, if you dont put any beer in it.) Ha ha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. I like that it's so easy too...Although, I don't mind the work bread takes if it makes my house smell like fresh baked bread:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a beer bread recipe on my blog too. It was an instant hit with family. I don't make bread often either, but only because I'll eat the whole loaf. I adore bread, so it's a diet buster for me.

    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for including the note on putting the pan underneath--I'd hate for anyone else to have the butter leaking over their pan! Glad you guys liked this bread--it's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard of beer bread; gotta try this and that you for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know how I've managed to be craving beer bread lately though I've never had it. But I am. This looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I would just about kill for one of those right now!

    Papacheong
    http://home-cook-dishes-for-family.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. this looks so good...a must try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! I don't like beer, but I love beer bread. And baking bread without the whole kneading, waiting, kneading and waiting some more process? Sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete