Saturday, April 23, 2011

Amish Friendship Honey Biscuits


Yea!  I successfully made biscuits!  I was so happy these turned out well. I typically over knead them or over flour, or under flour and it turns into a great big mess.

Well, they still made a big sticky mess but I got through it and they made perfect biscuits.


I added the honey in at the last minute and was pleasantly surprised how much it came through in taste.  They were wonderful.  They were more cakey but not like the usual hockey pucks I make. 

For more awesome friendship bread recipes, check out The Friendship Kitchen!


Amish Friendship Honey Biscuits Recipe

Mix:
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder

Combine and make a well (dent) in center. 

In another bowl combine:
2 eggs
1 cup amish batter
1/4 cup oil
1 1/2 tbsp. honey

Beat for 2 minutes on medium speed.  Pour egg mixture into flour mixture all at once.  Stir and add additional flour, a tablespoon at a time until dough cleans sides of bowl and is easy to pick up without being super sticky and able to be rolled.  Roll 1/2 in. thick.  Cut out biscuit using a circle cutter or use the top of a cup to form the biscuits.  Place biscuits on a greased cookie sheet, they can be close together.  Brush top of biscuits with melted butter. Cover, let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.  Bake at 350 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes.

One Year Ago...





Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

7 comments:

  1. They look great, I bet they would also make a great biscuit for strawberry shortcake. My Mom use to make sweetened biscuit for shortcake during strawberry season. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is about making sticky messes. Especially when those messes involve biscuits! These look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man do those look good... I am going to try... I think I can....I think I can, heehee I am going to give it a try. Thanks for the help! and thanks to my family...LOL for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to try these biscuits. Let's see if I can be stickier than you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look fantastic Debbi. Hope your weekend is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I am really liking these biscuits!!

    ReplyDelete