Saturday, March 5, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Cake Cupcakes

I finally did it.  I made the worlds easiest recipe.

I've heard about this and I believed that it would be good, I just hadn't made it yet. 

So I bought a spice cake, added a can of pumpkin and voila!  Cupcakes!

The kids had a bunch of friends over and these worked well for a quick snack. They all loved them!

Pumpkin Spice Cake Cupcake Recipe

1 box Spice Cake Mix
1 can pumpkin

Cream cheese frosting

Mix Spice Cake and pumpkin, scoop into cupcake tins.  Batter will be very thick.  Bake as directed on box.  Top with cream cheese frosting.  Watch 10 kids devour them.

One Year Ago...

Sweet & Chunky Chicken Salad

This is linked with:
Recipe of the Week: Cupcakes and Pies at Family Fresh Meals


  1. Easy and delicious? Gotta love that! Thanks for sharing this recipe:)

  2. That is the easiest recipe ever! I love your recipes because they're all easy, but sound so yummy. I'm on a cupcake roll now so thanks for posting these!

  3. I make these into cookies and add in some raisins and white chocolate chips. I love how versitile this recipe is!

  4. Looks easy, but looks great, especially with the frosting!

  5. Do you not add any of the other ingredients for the cake mix?? or just the pumpkin?

  6. Thanks for sharing another great recipe. I'd like one of these right now. And it's VERY early in the morning...:) Is that bad??

  7. I've made these myself! Same recipe! It's awesome!Though I didn't add icing! I will do that next time for sure! Thanks! Now I want to go bake some

  8. I have had these before and they are good! Not with the icing however, so yours are better!

  9. I have been wanting to make these also. It is amazing how delicipos and simple they are. Thanks for the reminder.

  10. Brooke: Just the cake mix and pumpkin. It's all the moisture you need. You can do it with any flavor cake mix!

  11. Wow. That is so simple that I'm amazed. And it has pumpkin in it. So I'm also drooling.

  12. Have you tried using cake mix with just a can of pop before? The possibilities are endless - you just have to use real pop, not diet.

    Vanilla cake mix with ginger ale
    Chocolate cake mix with rootbeer

    You don't need eggs, oil, or anything - just mix the two and bake as directed - you get moist cake every time. :D

  13. So easy and look so good with a cup of tea,

  14. My favorites! These are almost too easy - I can see myself indulging in these often! I wouldn't be upset at all if you copied my index idea!

  15. I will definitely be trying this, I looooooove pumpkin + cream cheese frosting. Serious weakness. I better make sure more people are around so I don't eat them ALL!

  16. LOVE pumpkin! These sound sooo tasty!!

    Great blog; happy I found you!

    Mary xo
    Delightful Bitefuls

  17. Yes, that is the easiest recipe EVER! The pumpkin must add amazing moisture!