Monday, March 28, 2011

Pumpkin Hummus Wraps



This was an interesting experiment.  I made this pumpkin hummus but wasn't quite sure what I was going to do with it. 


The obvious choice for me would be a wrap. We eat those all the time. I had made a black bean butter that I made into a veggie wrap.  Then I tried a bacon hummus and made BLT wraps.  So why not with pumkin hummus.

I loved it and ate many of them. 

Then I moved on to bagels.  I loved it on my light bagels.  I even ate it with egg too.  Seems like an odd combination but I loved it. It was healthy and quite tasty. 


This recipe made a lot of hummus and I was pretty much the only one eating it.  So it pretty much worked as breakfast, lunch and dinner.  Even snacks.  It lasted a long time in the refrigerator so I didn't mind at all!
I did lower the amount of oil and tahini from the original recipe. I'm a believe of tasting as you go and adding what you like.



Pumpkin Hummus
Adapted from Allrecipes

1 3/4 cups dry garbanzo beans

1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
3 oz. lemon juice
2 tbsp.extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup tahini paste
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
salt to taste


Mix everything in a food processor until smooth and creamy.  Mix water in as necessary to get the right consistency.  Taste and season as desired. 

One Year Ago...











Quinoa Meatloaf Muffins


This is linked with:
$5 Dinner Challenge at $5 Dinners
My Meatless Monday at My Sweet and Savory
Mouthwatering Mondays at A Southern Fairytale

Your Recipe, My Kitchen at Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
Just another Meatless Monday at What's for Dinner, Mom?
Midnight Maniac Meatless Monday at Midnight Maniac
Made By You Mondays at Skip to my Lou
Mangia Mondays at Delightfully Dowling
Tuesday at the Table at All The Small Stuff
Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
Hearth n Soul at A Moderate Life
Tasty Tuesdays at 33 Shades of Green
Tasty Tidbits at Permanent Posies
Tuesday Night Supper Club at Fudge Ripple
Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays at Blessed with Grace




Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

12 comments:

  1. Hey! That looks really good and creative too. I have all the ingredients. I'm going to have to whip some up! Thanks for sharing!

    http://nurturedfamilylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does look interesting. Of course you used a tortilla and made a wrap! You are the queen of wraps, Debbi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pumpkin hummus!? YUM!!!! i can't wait to try this out... hummus is a lunch time staple around here & this would be a nice change from my normal garlic variety.

    thanks for linking up to mangia mondays!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of pumpkin hummus but I'm in loe already :), Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool! I'll have to try this sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. another great way to use pumpkin - love it!

    Hope you had a great weekend Debbi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! Noone else in my house would eat it either - I'd have it all to myself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great variation on humus. My kids love humus. I wonder if they would go for a pumpkin flavored one. I think I will try to sneak it by them and see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is indeed interesting :) Such things happens with me too.. would made something and then wonder how to eat it LOL!
    Thanks for sharing it with Hearth and Soul Hop. Glad to find your blog, beautiful variety you have out here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds amazing and very interesting! I do love pumpkin flavored things and I love hummus! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea Debbie! I would never have thought of putting pumpkin with hummus but it sounds just delicious. I love the spices you have used as well. Thank you for sharing this with the Hearth and Soul Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never thought about adding pumpkin - and this is in addition to the chickpeas, not as an alternative. I'll need to try that the next time we have some available.

    ReplyDelete