Sunday, March 6, 2011

Menu Plan Monday - March 7 - March 13, 2011




We didn't get to the scalloped potatoes last week.  I had a headache so I tossed in frozen french fries.  They kids were happy.  Hopefully I'll give them a go this week. I so would love to find an easy, delicious, new way to make potatoes for the family!

I like making soup or stew on Mondays.  I usually have a LOT of leftovers and continue to eat it for lunches for the entire week.  Soup gets SO much better as it sits! I hope that is true for this one!


Monday:  Cabbage Patch Stew


Tuesday: Apple cinnamon pancakes, ham & fruit


Wednesday: Turkey, scalloped potatoes, green beans

Thursday: Chocolate Hummus with fruit, (I'll be alone and yes, I plan to eat this for dinner!) I'll use splenda instead of sugar.

Friday: Tuna Melt Wrap - made with leftover turkey instead of tuna, cheese quesadillas for the kids


Saturday:  Leftovers


Sunday: Something in the crock pot




One Year Ago...











Maple Pecan Candied Sweet Potatoes

This is linked with Menu Plan Monday at I'm an Organizing Junkie!

6 comments:

  1. chocolate hummus...let us know how that is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally interested in the chocolate hummus, but you be the guinea pig and let us know how it is. I've actually got 2 lbs of chickpeas soaking for a soup I'm making Tuesday. So I'll have some leftover chickpeas for something...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tuna melt wrap is a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I join you on Thursday that sounds delicious! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard on once a month mom that Tuesday is national breakfast day...you are right on target with your breakfast for dinner. :)
    I'll have to try your cabbage patch stew, my hubby LOVES cabbage. I've never thought of making a stew out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for sharing the links my family could use a bit of healthy meals in our lives as well

    ReplyDelete