Saturday, March 26, 2011

Cinnamon Pretzels



You know when you see a recipe and you're thinking that you have to make it ASAP?  Well, I saw this recipe and literally got up and turned the oven on. Seriously. 

The kids had been good, I had just opened a bag of pretzels and these sounded really good. 

The kids weren't disappointed. At all.  These were awesome and the kids loved them! So did I of course!



Cinnamon Pretzels
From Finding Joy in my Kitchen

1 (16oz) bag of fat-free pretzel twists

1/8 C oil; I used olive oil
1/3 C sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon


Pour pretzels in a large bowl. Drizzle oil over them and toss to coat.  Mix sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.  Pour over pretzels and toss to coat.  Pour onto a baking sheet and bake in oven at 300 for about 40 minutes, stirring every 10 - 15 minutes.  Cool and enjoy!

One Year Ago...












Garlic Ranch Bacon Biscuit Topped Pot Pie


This is linked with Sweets for a Saturday at Sweet as Sugar Cookies


Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

11 comments:

  1. I will be giving these a try! I make an onion pretzel that is so good, I'm sure the fam will enjoy these too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you enjoyed these -- makes me want to make them again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got to admit. That does sound like a winner. Isn't it amazing how it's the simple things?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great snack like this is always nice to have on hand. Thursday's soup looks really good, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love coming to see what you have to offer and this one is a keeper; bringing pretzels up a few notches.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  7. I forgot to tell how I enjoy a blogger that hs no word verification.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh those pretzels sound really good (and so does that pumpkin hummus!). I'm new to your blog (found you through Made By You Mondays).

    ReplyDelete
  9. these look seriously great! thanks for sharing, lots of love happening for this and all your posts :)
    -meg
    @ http://clutzycooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete