Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Chicken & White Bean Wraps



 I have recognized my addiction with beans. And I plan to do nothing about it.  Except for eat more. 

I also have an addiction with chicken salad.  When I saw this recipe combining the two, well, it wasn't long before they were on the menu. 

For those who are not bean fans, you would never know that there are beans in the sauce. 

Seriously. Not a bit.

It just tastes creamy and delicious. The only thing I would do would be to up the veggies a bit. I loved the onions and cucumbers in here.  Highly tasty.

You can put this on a wrap or on a bed of lettuce if you're gluten free.



Chicken & White Bean Wraps
Adapted from Once a Month Mom

12 oz. shredded cooked chicken breast
2 cans white beans, drained & rinsed and slightly mashed
1/2 cup onion, chopped
2 (6 oz) containers of Greek plain yogurt
1 tbsp. garlic, minced
3/4 cups cucumber, chopped
1 large tomato, chopped
Salt and pepper

Mix everything but the tomato together and mix together.  Fold in tomatoes and serve with tortillas and lettuce.

Total calories for filling = 1460 calories
12 servings = 122 per serving
Filling + 100 calories wrap = 222 calories per wrap

2 Chicken & White Bean Wraps = 444 calorie dinner


One Year Ago...










Spicy Black Bean Cakes with Lime Cilantro Sour Cream

This is linked with:
No Whine Wednesday at Food on the Table
Let's Do Brunch at My Sweet and Savory

Works for me Wednesday at We are THAT Family
Real Food Wednesdays at Kelly the Kitchen Kop
What's on your Plate? at Good Cheap Eats
What's on the Menu Wednesdays at Dining with Debbie




Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

16 comments:

  1. Another yummy sounding recipe. I'm a big bean fan too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing idea!! I love beans,but the family has some issues. These would be so perfect!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really good! My family are a bit unsure about beans as well, and this is a great way to hide them but still get their yummy flavour and all their nutrition. Thank you for sharing this with Let's Do Brunch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always appreciate when you link up your delicious recipes and I thank you.

    This sounds delicious, so rich and creamy but not heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow these look so delicious! Would have never thought about the beans. Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I bet this would be a big hit with my boyfriend. It won't be long before it's added to my menu, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait until summer when I'll have fresh cucumbers to put into these! Wow -- this recipe is going into our family's menu rotation for sure. Thanks for sharing. Blessings! ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh i cannot wait to try this - perfect for a picnic supper at the ball field!
    Blessings!
    LIB
    a link to my bean cupcakes - you might find enjoyable!
    http://bit.ly/i5pPMF

    ReplyDelete
  9. How timely....I'm cooking a chicken today. And, I also love beans. This sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great suggestion for a wrap; love this kind of fast food at home; the best because you know what's in it.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks fantastic!! I LOVE Greek yogurt and beans so I am definitely going to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely, lovely wrap. Beans are great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The filling sounds so light and delicious - I love the use of Greek yogurt in them! I bet they would be good on a hot summer night.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks delicious ... i quite like white beans ... gotta make this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These sound and look terrific. I will definitely be trying them soon. Thanks for linking up:) I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Debbi, this chicken salad looks amazing! I've been wanting to try the white beans as a sauce but haven't gotten around to it yet!

    ReplyDelete