Friday, March 11, 2011

Caramel Corn & $5 Dinner Mom Cookbook Review


First, I am hosting Presto Pasta Nights this week! Email me with your Pasta Recipes and I'll include you in the round up on Friday! Just put a link in your blog post linking to my blog and Presto Pasta Nights!  Crabbymomofthree at comcast dot net.

One of my very favorite blogs is $5 Dinners.  I've made many of her recipes, used cooking tips and printed recipes from her site.  Recently she sent me her latest book.  I LOVE it and I have many recipes bookmarked to make. 



In flipping through the cookbook, my kids all of a sudden stopped me. 

"Mom! You have to make this caramel popcorn!"

So I did. 

Never mind that it had a billion calories and I ate way too much of it. 


It was delicious and the kids loved it!  I look forward to making many more recipes from this awesome book!




One Year Ago...











Mango Chicken Stir Fry

This is linked to Sweets for a Saturday at Sweet as Sugar Cookies


Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

14 comments:

  1. Oh yum. I love anything and everything sweet, caramel corn is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! THey are truly delicious and addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not had popcorn for years but this suddenly makes me yearn for it LOL Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Carmel Corn!!!! I am a new follower from the Spotlight Saturday blog hop. I would love it if you could follow me back. Have a wonderful saturday!

    Hope
    http://www.peanutbutterandhopey.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Off to try this with muscovado and coconut palm sugar.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love caramel corn. I would of eaten the whole batch by myself and not felt guilty. How bad is that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks delicious!
    Your newest follower from Spotlight Saturday

    www.dashing-home.blogspot.com,
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Dashing-Home/121450941260929,
    http://twitter.com/#!/DashingHome

    ReplyDelete
  8. FOllowing from Spotlight Saturday!
    Would love for you to stop by www.aubutfamily.com
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My grand sons and I just made this popcorn and we also drizzled melted chocolate over it...so bad but oh so good! I am a new visitor and follower via Spotlight:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Caramel popcorn is the only popcorn I like (I know, I'm weird, everyone loves popcorn). I could easily sit and eat an entire bowl of this. Which is probably why I never make it. I'm going to look for that cookbook, I've never heard of it, but it sounds great! And what's one more cookbook.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha that sounds like what I do whenever I bake every week...make something with about a billion calories and then eat way too much of it.

    This looks so delicious and worth the calories!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! I love caramel corn and have to try this. I'm sure it's worth every calorie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wouldn't be able to portion control that caramel corn. It looks soooo good. have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That caramel corn looks delish. I think I'd have to eat all of it if I made some :)

    ReplyDelete