Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Brown Sugar Apple Glazed Ham in the Slow Cooker

I've never made ham in the crockpot.  I don't why.  I cook almost everything else in my crockpot!

This glaze was wonderful on the ham!  It turned a super cheap ham into several tasty meals!

Brown Sugar Apple Glazed Ham in the Slow Cooker
Adapted from Good Cheap Eats

One large half ham, that fits in your largest crockpot

2 cups apple juice
1/2 cup dried cranberries
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

Place ham, cut side down into crockpot. Add apple grape juice and dried cranberries. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Remove ham from crockpot and place in roasting pan, on its side.

Heat the oven to 375 ° Combine brown sugar, Dijon mustard, ground cloves, and enough of the juices from the crockpot to create a paste. Spread paste over ham. Place in hot oven to glaze, about 30 minutes.

One Year Ago...

Sweet and Sour Pot Roast in the Slow Cooker

This is linked with:
No Whine Wednesday at Food on the Table

Works for me Wednesday at We are THAT Family
Real Food Wednesdays at Kelly the Kitchen Kop
What's on your Plate? at Good Cheap Eats
What's on the Menu Wednesdays at Dining with Debbie


  1. I love to cook ham this way. YUM! Thanks for posting.

  2. Looks delicious, I'll have to do the crockpot next time. Love the addition of cranberries!

  3. yum I cooked my smoked shoulders in there

  4. I have never cooked ham in my crockpot either. I think I have really missed out. Now I need to go buy a ham and give it a try. Thanks for sharing!!

  5. There is nothing better than a good ham. There is so much you can do with it. I love the blend of flavors.

  6. I've never cooked ham in the crockpot, but what a great idea. Thanks for another great looking recipe. Have a great day Debbi.

  7. Mmm I'm loving this sweet and salty mix! I should tell my parents about this for easter! The slow cooker would make their lives so much easier.

  8. Hello Debbi, featuring this great ham recipe on my Wednesday wanderings. Have a great day!

  9. It sounds delicious! I've never made ham in a crockpot either but will have to try it!

  10. I've never made this in a crockpot either, but will definitely try it soon. Thanks for the recipe. :o)