Saturday, February 12, 2011

MORE MAKE IT FAST, COOK IT SLOW Cookbook Review - Breakfast Crock Pot Recipe



I love my crock pot. I'm mentioned that time and time again.  I use it at least once a week.  One of my favorite sites is A Year of Slow Cooking by Stephanie O'Dea.  She is the crockpot lady.  The queen of the slow cooker.  I was thrilled when she published her first book Make It Fast, Cook It Slow. I bought it right away.  I was even more tickled when her second book, More Make It Fast, Cook It Slow came out!  Yup, a whole book full of more awesome slow cooker recipes!
She has her recipes broken up into 3 different sections.  $7 and under, $10 and under & $15 and under.  The meals are simple, easy to prepare and delicious!  I've already bookmarked many recipes that I will make soon.  Even at $15 and under, that is WAY cheaper than going out to eat. 

If you are eating a Gluten Free diet, all of her recipes are gluten free.  I learned from her blog that one of her family members has celiac disease her family agreed for everyone in the family to go gluten free.  How cool is that!

I have a ton of recipes bookmarked to make already, the first one that I made was the Leftover Breakfast Casserole.  This was perfect as I had a bunch of stuff in the frig to use up.  Seriously, start with hash browns and eggs and you can add pretty much whatever else you'd like to.  Any kind of veggies and meat.  I can see where it would be different every time you make it. 



This cooked perfectly and was delicious!  Everyone loved it!  I would completely recommend this book to anyone and everyone.  I also have her first book which is equally as awesome! 





9 comments:

  1. This looks great. I can really use some new crockpot ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her blog is great, she is also funny, I like that. Your casserole looks delicious, and yes it would be different each time. Thanks Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was working I have no idea how I would have survived without my crock pot. Nowadays although it is used regularly, it does not get used quite as often. Never the less I love its convenience. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love her books as well and use them often. You may want to link this up with Cookbook Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Stephanie's site and I LOVE supporting a fellow blogger! great review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review. LOVE our crockpot too, and I'll be checking out her site. thanks for sharing! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot wait to see all of the yummy recipes you make. I need to come up with more crock-pot recipes to try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbi, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and for posting a review of my new book. I'm so happy that you are enjoying the books and that the recipes are helpful to you and your busy family. I've had so much fun with this project---

    xoxo steph

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! That looks great! I didn't know she had a second book out. Now I need to go and get it!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete