Friday, February 4, 2011

Dutch Apple Cheesecake

If you're a graham cracker crust fan, you will love this cheesecake!

I made this cheesecake for my brother.  He found a sale on cream cheese, came home and hinted that he would love a cheesecake.  He is obessed with cheesecake.  Here is a post on my dieting blog about his obsession. 

He also is skinny and works out a lot. A LOT. Like he builds up a 5000 calories deficit and eats an entire cheesecake a week.  Yes, you have my permission to hate him.  I understand.

He also likes a graham cracker crust. This cheesecake has a graham cracker crust and on the top.  He loved it. I had a small piece and it WAS very good. I'm not a big fan of baking cheesecake in a springform pan so we changed this so that it baked in a 9 x 13 pan. It turned out great. 

Until next weekend when he has yet another cheesecake craving.

Dutch Apple Cheesecake Recipe

1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
5 tbsp. butter (melted)
1/2 cup sugar

3 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened (I used 2 light and 1 regular)
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
3 large eggs
1 can (21 oz) apple pie filling

1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted

Prepare crust. Combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar, then add melted butter, mixing with fork.  Press into the bottom of a 9 x 13 in. pan. Place in freezer while you prepare the rest so it can set.

Mix cream cheese and sugar with mixer.  Add vanilla.  Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg.  Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl as you mix. 

Prepare streusel topping.  Mix graham cracker, brown sugar and cinnamon.  Add melted butter and stir to combine. Set aside.

Pour half of the cheesecake batter onto crust.  Cover evenly with the can of apple pie filling, then top with remaining cheesecake batter.  Sprinkle streusel over the top of the cheesecake.  Bake for about 1 hour at 350.  Allow to cool completely. 

Total calories = 5632 calories
24 pieces = 235 per piece

One Year Ago...

White Chicken Chili

This is linked with:
Sweets for a Saturday at Sweet as Sugar Cookies
Not Baaad Sundays at Lamb Around
My Meatless Monday at My Sweet and Savory
Mouthwatering Mondays at A Southern Fairytale
Menu Inspiration Monday at The Big Red Pot

Just Another Meatless Monday at Hey, What's For Dinner, Mom?
Midnight Maniac Meatless Monday at Midnight Maniac
This Weeks Cravings at Mom's Crazy Cooking
Ultimate Recipe Swap at Life as Mom
Sweet Tooth Friday at Parenting and Life

Calories calculated from Some numbers are approximate and rounded.


  1. Oh boy, that topping on your cheesecake is to die for. This sounds super good. Thanks for coming by and linking this up to Sweets for a Saturday.

  2. That looks fabulous! I can't wait to try it.

  3. Yummmmmm...this looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

  4. I not only like graham cracker crusts, I like cheesecake. And apples. What a perfectly yummy dessert!! And yes, I hate your brother, lol!

  5. That looks so good and sounds like fun! I will have to wait until I have company coming as I am the only one who eats apple anything.. and I would want to eat the whole thing!

  6. I am not a big cheesecake fan, but the apples and the streusel sure make it sounds sooo good.

    Stopping by from Sweets For Saturday.

    ~Bibi @ Frugal WannaBe Cooks ~

  7. This sounds fantastic; if you use ligt cream cheese and Becel...wouldn't that make it healthy?

  8. Oh dear! It would be very hard on my diet if I had a cheesecake-loving brother nearby! Or son, or hubby!
    This looks yummy, Debbi. I like that you made it in a baking dish.

  9. Debbi that looks so good! I love a graham cracker crust, and tell your brother I hate him for being able to eat a whole one himself! :D

  10. This looks DELICIOUS! I'm saving it in my "to try" recipe folder! Thanks for sharing!

  11. Suddenly my son loves cheesecake! I'm going to try this one for sure!

  12. It looks great! We love cheesecake and I'll be trying this!

  13. Oh my! This looks absolutely heavenly!!! I can't wait to make this! Thank you!!!

  14. Oh my goodness, how wonderful it must be to have a calorie deficit!! I do love the sound of your Dutch apple cheesecake - and it looks delicious too!

  15. In your shoes, I would shoo away your brother, causing you to make that delicious cheesecake. Calorie deficit huh?

  16. I can't wait to try this next week - thanks!

  17. This might make you feel worse, but my brother is really skinny, sits on his ass all day and ALSO eats a cheesecake a week. It drives me crazy.

    I love this cheesecake though! The apple flavor must have made it so delicious.

  18. How positively delicious! I suddenly feel like working out so I can eat this delectable cheesecake!

  19. MMMmmmmm,looks like the perfect Super Bowl snack. :)

  20. Debbi- this looks and sounds fabulous! I love it. I'm following you now. Have a wonderful day.

  21. Yuuummmm, this looks so good!!! I'll save it on my "to-bake-list" :-)

  22. Hi! I host a weekly blog hop -- It's a Keeper Thursdays. I'd love for you to stop by and link up!

    Christina @ It's a Keeper

  23. I LOVE cheesecake! This looks so good.

    I'm hosting a weekly link up called Sweet Tooth Friday. I'd love to have you share your recipe.

  24. Hi - hopped here by way of LambAround Blog Hop :-)

    I'm also one of your newest followers - delish lowcal/lowcost recipes are something I'm always looking for!


  25. This dish sounds and looks sooo delicious! Your brother is one lucky guy to have a sis like you to bake delectable dishes for him. =)