Friday, February 11, 2011

Caramel Sticky Buns


Love sticky buns? These babies rock! 

I'll have to warn you though, there is nothing, I mean nothing, healthy or low calories about these.


They are super easy and actually quite fun to make! 


The kids had a sleepover with a bunch of kids and they all helped. They loved the next morning seeing the dough ball exploded. 


I told you these weren't healthy!!  They are so delicious though! Shh! I won't tell!



Caramel Sticky Buns
Recipe from Crazy Daisy

18 frozen dinner rolls (Rhodes works perfectly)
1/2 pkg. (3.5) butterscotch cook & serve pudding (NOT instant)
1 stick butter
3/4 cup brown sugar


Grease or spray a bundt pan with non-stick spray. Sprinkle with nuts if using (I did not). Place frozen rolls in pan. Sprinkly HALF the package of pudding over rolls. Make sure it is not instant. Melt butter and brown sugar together and pour over the rolls. Sprinkle with more nuts (if using). Cover pan with greased foil and put a dishtowl over the foil. Place in a warm place overnight (I put it in the oven, turned off of course). In the morning, bake at 325 degrees for 1/2 hour. Invert immediately onto a large plate. Devour.


Total calories = 3432 calories
12 servings = 286 calories per serving


One Year Ago...


Turkey Chipotle Tacos


This is linked with:
Sweets For A Saturday at Sweet As Sugar Cookies



12 comments:

  1. I'm buying the stuff for these this weekend. They look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever had sticky buns. These sound great... definitely something I need to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From your pictures, these sure look like they're worth EVERY weight watchers point they'd come in at. Have a good weekend Debbi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Healthy or otherwise they look mouth watering LOL Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make mondy bread; similar but without the pudding; this looks even tastier; thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you're going to throw healthy to the wind, you may as well blow it on something this yummy =) I do intend to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhhh you have to use the pudding, it really gives it flavor, and also rhodes rolls is the only way to go, i put in frozen at night in bundt pan and all the ingrediants and put saran wrap over it and then let it rise overnight and then in am just pop in oven and only a few mins and have wonderful monkey bread and or sticky buns what ever you all want to call them...but make it exactly like this recipe,awsume awsume awsume...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh. My. Gosh. I'm totally wishing I had a big pan of these in front of me. They sound so good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes, a treat like this is well worth it. Spoiling ourselves when we are eating healthy is not a bad thing to do, as long as it stays occasional. Great job, Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I saw that you posted this, I was shocked that you found a way to make these healthy! Darn! They're fattening...but still look good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh! These look sinful. So I'm all about it =o) I'll have to try these for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete