Thursday, February 3, 2011

Balsamic Sauteed Chicken Breasts



I needed something in a hurry. 

I had this awesome Butternut Squash Bake that I was making but needed something to go along with it. 

With nothing thawed.

My brother saved the day by bringing home a whole bunch of fresh boneless chicken breasts from Sam's Club.  So chicken it was!


These were very simple but incredibly delicious.  Great for dinner when you're in a hurry!

This was previously posted on Our Krazy Kitchen!


Balsamic Sauteed Chicken Breast Recipe



1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. sugar
5 (6 oz) boneless chicken breasts (not too thick)
Salt and pepper
2 green onions


Combine broth, vinegar, honey and sugar


Spray non stick pan with cooking spray. Salt and pepper chicken breasts and brown in pan. Cook 4 - 5 minutes on each side until there is a nice brown. Add balsamic mixture, scraping to loosen bits on the bottom. Add green onion. Bring to a boil and cook until reduced to about 1/2 cup. About 4 - 5 minutes. If chicken isn't quite done, cover and cook before sauce reduces. Serve sauce over the chicken.

Total calories = 1100
5 chicken breasts = 220 calories per chicken breast

Balsamic Chicken + Butternut Squash Bake + Green Beans = 487 calorie dinner

One Year Ago...








Middle Eastern Manti & Chopped Salad

This is linked with:
Full Plate Thursday at Miz Helen's Country Cottage
Tasty Traditions at Coupon Cookin'
Things I Love Thursday at The Diaper Diaries
Show Me What You've Got at It's A Keeper
Recipe Swap at Prairie Swap
Tip Day Thursday at Around My Family Table
Cooking Thursday at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom
Friday Favorites at Simply Sweet Home
Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum
Recipe Swap at The Grocery Cart Challenge
I'm Lovin' It at Tidy Mom
What's Cookin' in the Kitchen at Katie's Cucina
Friday Potluck at EKat's Kitchen
Fun With Food at Paisly Passions
$5 Dinner Challenge at $5 Dinners



Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

26 comments:

  1. What a good looking meal and quick too! Certainly will be one I will try too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be over for dinner. You cook just for me. I like everything you make.

    Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so needed inspiration for dinner tonight and this is it! But I do struggle when I cook chicken in a pan; baking in the oven is easier for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really good. And so easy. I love Balsamic vinegar. I think I have all of these ingredients on hand so I am thinking this will be on my dinner table sometime in the next few days :)
    Stopping by from Tasty Traditions.
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love meals like this, they are delicious and you usually have everything needed. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate when nothing is defrosted! lol The chicken sounds and looks simply delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love anything with vinegar! And I hate defrosting meat in the microwave, it's not the same!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yuuuum! i love balsamic chicken. esp with caramelized onions!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great simple dinner. I love chicken with balsamic vinegar.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great chicken dish! I love balsamic vinegar with chicken and this recipe is a must try! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a recipe similar to this, but with pork tenderloin. I will keep this one; I am sure it is EXCELLEMT! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great save, looks like a perfect dinner. Love the flavor and color of the chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know how there are certain food pictures...when you look at them you can taste in your mind how good they are? That chicken is one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't eat meat and am always looking for simple, healthy meals I can make for my husband. This is going to be the next recipe I try:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Debbi,
    I love anything Balsamic and this chicken recipe looks delicious.Thank you so much for bringing it to Full Plate Thursday we are sure going to enjoy it. You have a great week end...stay warm and cozy.Hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yum Debbi, this chicken looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks and sounds so good!!! Thank you for sharing!
    Blessings,
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  18. sounds super tasty and yummy thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  19. You won't believe this, we just bought a butternut squash for the first time, and looking for a recipe! Will give yours a try! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It sounds good to me! What would you like me to bring? :D I think it's a talent just to plan out what works well that you can make ahead, and make it work easy for you! Looking forward to see all the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  21. My hubby is happy to eat chicken every day so this is a little something new to try, and I like the fact your meal has few calories.

    ReplyDelete
  22. OOOh! I love balsamic vinegar. Can't wait to try this out! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for linking up to the It's a Keeper Thursday blog hop! I hope you come back this Thursday and link something new!



    It's a Keeper
    http://www.everydaytastes.com/
    http://twitter.com/itsakeeperblog
    http://www.facebook.com/ItsAKeeper

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks Debbie-This one is perfect for my P90x diet plan. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete