Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sweet Potato Chips




Here is a quick and easy side dish or snack.  They don't get quite as crispy as chips but they make a good substitute.  Use any spices you'd like with them.  Be inventive! 

Sorry, I didn't get a good picture.  Just snapped a shot before we ate them!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sweet Potato Chips Recipe

1 large sweet potato
Cooking spray
Salt, pepper, pumpkin pie spice or whatever spice you would like

Peel and slice sweet potato very thin. Spray baking pan with cooking spray and lay potato slices on it. Spray lightly on top of potatoes.  Sprinkle with spices.  I used salt and pumpkin pie spice here but I've used garlic or chili powder too.  What every floats your boat.  Cook at 400 for about 20 - 30 minutes, depending on how crispy you would like them and how thick you cut them.  Keep an eye on them as they go from almost done to burnt quite quickly.  Actually, I don't mind the burnt ones! 


One Year Ago...















Smokey Caramelized Balsamic Chicken



Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

24 comments:

  1. Love sweet potatoes. I will add them to the menu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great snack, they look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three words.... MUST TRY THESE!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sweet potatoes so must try this out. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh THREE CHEERS for the PRINT FRIENDLY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. they look beautifuL! im a big fan! and simplicity always wins for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple foods are always the most delicious. Great idea!! Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy!!! I so want to try this... I can just imagine all the flav seasoning combos ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love sweet potato fries and we like to put a little curry powder on them with our salt and pepper. So tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great snack to me and I bet your kids really liked them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. MMmm! I also love the simplicity of this. It looks like a perfect snack for a movie night as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Use a potato peeler to cut superthin and they get crispier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love sweet potatoes! I'll sometimes eat just that, baked, for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmmm, save me some, I'll be right over... on second thought...I'll just stay right here and make me some =))

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love me some sweet potato chips! Good idea to use pumpkin pie spice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yum. I will have to give these a go. I have never had sweet potato chips before.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have always wanted to try these!!! Thanks for giving me such good recipes!! I am excited to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can just imagine how good they were. By changing up the herbs and spices you could pair them with all sorts of other goodies, too. What a great snack.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You had me at sweet potatoes. I could eat these like candy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So delicious! I'm just imagining how delicious garlic and chili powder would be on these!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've made similiar ones before but more like french fry style. However, I've never tried the pumpkin pie spice. I sprinkled brown sugar on mine since that's what I put on a sweet potato when I eat it whole. Thanks for reminding me I need to make these again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sorry if this is a double post. On my end, it showed I lost my internet connection for a second.

    Thanks for reminding me about these. I've made similiar ones french fry style with brown sugar on top since that's what I use on a whole potato. Never tried the pumpkin pie spice, so I may try that the next time.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow these look delicious!! I am so happy they featured you in the blog hop! Following you now~

    ReplyDelete