Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirled Brownies

Everything I make can't be healthy, right? 

I made these to bring to a gathering. 

It's a very good thing that they went away quickly.

If they had stayed in my house much longer, I may have eaten way too many of these bars.

They were absolutely delicious. 

Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Brownie Recipe

3/4 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon

Cheesecake Batter:
6 oz. cream cheese
1 egg
1/3 cup sugar
2 tbsp. flour
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. cloves
1/4 tsp. ground ginger

Spray 8 x 8 pan with cooking spray. Beat together butter, sugar and vanilla. Beat in eggs. Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl and gradually stir in butter mixture.

In a separate bowl, beat together cheesecake ingredients. Spread about 2/3 cup chocolate batter into prepared pan. Spoon cheesecake batter over that. Dollop the rest of the brownie batter over that and swirl with a spoon or knife to create a marble effect. Bake for 40 minute at 350 degrees or until center is set.

One Year Ago...

Lemon Garlic Hummus

Chicken Pasta & Veggie Salad

This is linked with:
No Whine Wednesday at Food on the Table
Works For Me Wednesday at We are THAT Family
What's on your Plate? at Good Cheap Eats
Recipe of the Week: Brownies at Family Fresh Meals

Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.


  1. Mmmmmmmm they look very yummy and tempting but I think I must not try this recipe or I can see me eating the whole lot before my husband gets home. LOL. Diane

  2. this recipe sounds so yummy! i know this will finish up really fast at my house too. thanks for sharing this.

  3. i love the cream cheese swirl ANYTHING bars! so delish and so pretty

  4. MMmmm! Yum! I'll have to make this recipe the next time we have a family dinner to go to. The fudge I made hung around my house too long and I ate way too many! Yummy treats have to be taken somewhere! :)

  5. Everyone needs a little "unhealthy" sometimes and these look like the perfect little treat! Yum!!!

  6. Oh dear me these sound divine! Mmmmmm :o)

  7. Definitely going to try this recipe with a few tweaks to make it low carb:)!!!!

  8. Nothing wrong with a little indulgence every now and then!! Have a good day!

  9. my brownies are in the oven now, hope they turn out, was very easy to make....am bringing for treats for my doctors appointment, made double the batch, we will see....

  10. When I saw the title I thought....how can they be healthy?!!! Ok! Sometimes we just need a little something that's not! Oh, they look soooo good!

  11. Brownies are my weakness, you mix it with cheesecake and you have one happy camper right here. These look divine!

  12. Oh, so evil! I'd have trouble holding back on these too.

  13. I thought everything made with pumpkin was healthy...they sound amazing.

  14. Everyone needs a treat every once in a while. Like...once a week in my case. Guess I know what I'll be whipping up next week! These look delicious!

  15. Just made these (with a few low carb tweaks of course, subbing the sugar for Splenda and flour for almond flour) and they are amazing!!! The fact that they fit into my eating plan makes them even better! Thanks so much for posting this recipe!!

  16. That is a giant pan of goodness/badness. After the pumpkin pasta recipe and now this, clearly I need to get some pumpkin. :)

  17. i just found your blog and i am so excited to try your recipes out!! i have some pumpkin that i need to do something with, plus i have a bridal shower for a cousin tomorrow and they need some treats....this will be perfect!!!

  18. i made these saturday, they were a hit! then my hubby took some to his work and it was requested that i had to make some more =)

  19. Great cream cheese swirl :) I love the idea of combining pumpkin and chocolate. Mmmmmmm