Saturday, January 29, 2011

Lemon Poppyseed Amish Friendship Bread





I remember having one of these starters about 10 years ago.  I also remember that lemon was our favorite.  Well, now that I have another starter, I think lemon still is the favorite around here.  I've tried several lemon versions and they all just rock. 

There is just something classic about lemon poppy seed.  I wanted to make these into muffins but the kids were using the muffin pan for something else.  It worked great in the loaf pan and everyone loved it!

Check out my other Amish bread creations




Lemon Poppyseed Amish Friendship Bread

About 1 cup of starter
3 eggs
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. lemon extract
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups flour
2 small boxes of lemon instant pudding
1/4 cup poppy seeds


Spray 2 loaf pans or 2 - 8 x 8 pans with cooking spray. Mix all ingredients together and pour into pans. Bake for 1 hour at 325.

One Year Ago...










Chicken Tortilla Casserole
 

This is linked with:
My Meatless Mondays at My Sweet & Savory
Just Another Meatless Monday at Hey, What's For Dinner, Mom?

15 comments:

  1. I love making breads & will have to try this one~ thanks for sharing! Hi~ I am your newest follower from the blog hop & would love it if you stopped by and returned the love :)

    http://waveoflifesurfstudio.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure do enjoy seeing your starter creations. If there were more folks living here, it would be fun to try (again) a starter, but alas we can only eat just so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fantastic, a classic combo I also love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rmember making a frenship years ago, but it was a fruit cake; much prefer your version; looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've loved Amish bread for so long...I need to start up a "starter"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lemon poppyseed is indeed my friend. I did the cinnamon Amish Friendship bread for years. Maybe it's time for a new beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love lemon poppyseed in anything! It's one of those things I can't resist! This looks moist and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are at it again and I am so glad. I love poppy seed bread!! This one looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love a piece of this right now! The chili from earlier this week looks very good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've said it before and I'll say it again -- your recipes are SOOOOO delicious sounding! I want to try them all. This is the week I actually do it. I'll pick one tomorrow and get the ingredients and make it for dinner one night this week. I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amish friendship bread is amazing! I make many different flavors of it. Thank you so much for spotlighting me this weekend, that is so kind of you! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Debbie - I really wish I lived near you. I would be walking by your house just to smell all the goodness coming from it! :) Have a great week

    Kel

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amish bread is so tasty! I like that youhave lemon in yours. Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lemon Poppy Seed is just about one of my FAVORITE combos in quick breads. Blueberry Lemon is my first.
    Thanks so much for linking up to Just Another Meatless Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yum!!! I hope you come link this one up, too, and ANY of your other Amish FB recipes!! Don't be shy link them up!! THanks Susie

    http://cafescrapper-scrapsoflife.blogspot.com/2011/02/coconut-amish-friendship-bread-recipe.html

    ReplyDelete