Tuesday, December 28, 2010

BBQ Potato Chips




I love chips.  Actually. I LOOOOOOOOVE chips.  They are my weakness.  I don't allow bags of them in the house.  At all.

So when I saw this delicious recipe I had to try it. 

They were quite good.  They did have the same flavor as BBQ chips in a bag but weren't as crispy.  I didn't really expect that.  They were delicious and I can't wait to have them again!!



Homemade Barbecue Chips
Recipe from Casual Dish



3 russet potatoes - about 1 1b to 1-1/2 lbs.
1 tbsp. olive oil
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper


Heat oven to 450 degrees and combine spices. Slice the potatoes very thin or let your food processor do it for you. 

We ate this with a delicious 40 Clove Garlic Chicken in the Slow Cooker!



One Year Ago...

















Fiesta Corn Chowder

This is linked with:
No Whine Wednesday at Food on the Table
Works for Me Wednesday at We are THAT Family
Real Food Wednesdays at Kelly the Kitchen Kop
What's On Your Plate? at Good Cheap Eats

Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

17 comments:

  1. What a great idea, they look so good! Homemade BBQ chips, I have to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, at least you know what is really in these ones, unlike the ones you buy at the store. Have fun eating!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love potatoes made that way, thanks Debbi. I bet they were really good with that chicken dish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homemade chips :-)) mmm...sounds wonderfully delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great recipe! I love BBQ chips but I can't eat the store bought ones because of food allergies. I can't wait to try these. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM!!! 40 cloves of garlic?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooohhh wonder if we could do bbq sweet potato chips!?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dude this is so cool, possiblities are endless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. if you cook the potato "chips" in the microwave, they will get crispy, like a kettle cooked chip! We love them at our house!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've made something similar with sweet potatoes, but they were fries not potato chips. These would be a hit with the family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Debbie - I would love it if you would subscribe. You can find that option on the right side of my blog under the 'About Me' column. Let me know if you still can't find it! You can use this feedburner link as well--
    http://feeds.feedburner.com/http/mutritiousnuffinsblogspotcom

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, just added you to my dashboard. Love this recipe and have enjoyed checking out your other posts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh these look delicious! I love chips, too. Don't buy them either :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. My husband is a bbq chip-aholic. I'm going to have to give these a go for him! He'll LOVE them!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I share your potato chip addiction. They are just too good. I don't know why I havn't tried to make them before. About sending me links to your vegetarian recipes, that's a great idea! Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  16. I make potato chips in my fryer, and they are just as crispy as store-bought. You could always add your seasoning just as they come out of the fryer. Fry them in some good beef tallow. Whoa!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How long do you bake these?

    ReplyDelete