Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Turkey Leftovers?



I know you're all getting a ton of recipes for turkey leftovers but I wanted to share some of my favorite ways to use leftover turkey.

Turkeys are super inexpensive this time of year. I often will pick up a few and cook them just for the meat to freeze.  I typically mix the dark and white meat together and shred it. I pack it into quart size baggies in 10 oz. portions.  If I make larger recipes, like enchilada's, I might use 2 bags but for most things, one bag is perfect. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


8 comments:

  1. What a great line up of recipes, thanks so much. I am especially intrigued by the Turkey Cordon Blue Crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been so bad Deb ~ happy Thanksgiving ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely trying a few of these. I need all the healthy I can get! And I am so not getting on the scale for the next week or so!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That turkey pot pie looks fantastic and ideal for the cold weather that we have at the moment. Yum yum. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, I really hope I have leftover turkey. These look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. MMmmm, delicious looking post.

    HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea, Debbi. Thanks for the round-up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a list of yummy looking treats and they could all be made with chicken for those of us who didn't have any leftovers. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete