Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sweet & Spicy Chicken Wraps




I don't usually like things too spicy.  But I can handle a bit of spice when there is something to cool it down. 

This sweet mayo/cucumber sauce was perfect to cool it down a touch.



This was also super easy to put together.  Both the sauce and the chicken came together super fast. 



I wrote down the recipe below but this is something that I don't always use exact measurements.  It's a good one to just throw stuff together and call it dinner. 



Sweet & Spicy Chicken Wrap Recipe

Dressing:
1/4 cup mayonnaise, light
1/4 cup sour cream, light
1/3 cup finely chopped cucumber
1 tbsp. honey
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
Black pepper, to taste

1 1/2 lbs. chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 cup salsa
1 tbsp. honey
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
baby spinach leaves

Mix together the dressing. Cover and refrigerate until needed.

Cook the chicken in a pan with a bit of cooking spray until beginning to turn golden and are no longer pink in the middle, about 8 minutes.  Stir in the salsa, 1 tbsp. honey and 1/2 tsp. of the cayenne pepper.  Reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes or so.

Spread tortilla with about a tbsp. of the cucumber mixture, top with baby spinach leaves and chicken mixture.  Eat and enjoy!

I forgot to count how many we got and what the calorie count was but it was very low calorie!

17 comments:

  1. It looks perfect! I don't usually measure either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look very light and healthy. I don't think calorie count is necessary with this dish is the portion size is well controlled...if anyone can :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks very healthy to me,I’m going to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Measure - what is that!! I love spicy and hot so this will go down well here. Dciane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to try more wraps, but there is one in my group, and He does not "wrap". I need to explore small amounts of leftover meats etc for a single wrap for myself for lunch or dinner when He is on the evening shift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks excellent and right up my alley! We love spicy and sweet together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could gobble this down. It looks great and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These looks delicious, Debbi, and I know the husband would eat them! Bookmarking for the future...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have 3 words..."This Looks Yummy"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! The sauce sounds amazing. There are a lot of recipes where I don't measure out the ingredients. I like it that way, it makes cooking a lot more enjoyable, faster and less cleanup.

    ReplyDelete
  11. YUM!! We are so in to wraps lately, so I can't wait to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love wraps and I actually am starting to like whole wheat wraps! These look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. YUMMY Looks delicious!

    Can't wait to try it...

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks great! I bet it would be awesome with leftover turkey too... mmmmmm saving to use soon! Thanks Debbi, for sharing with Friday Potluck again this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love easy recipes that have a lot of flavor! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love to throw things together and call it dinner :o) Your recipe looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. looks great, it must be delicious! yummy...thanks for sharing your recipe! happy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete