Monday, November 15, 2010

Pepperoni Pizza Pasta

This week I'm hosting Presto Pasta Nights this week!  So send me your pasta dishes to crabbymomofthree at comcast dot net with a copy to Ruth at Ruth at 4everykitchen dot com, and you'll be included in the round up next Friday, November 19th.  Ruth is the beauty who started Presto Pasta Nights and she's been going strong for a LONG time!!

Now, onto the pasta! 

Pizza meets pasta.  Really? Can you think of anything better for dinner?

When I saw this, I knew it would be a hit.  And it was.  Really, what's not to love?  Cheesy pasta covered in pepperoni? 

I thought about adding some veggies but then I knew the kids wouldn't eat it. I would have loved some peppers and onions.  The kids thought it was perfect the way it was!  :-) 

Don't forget to send me your pasta dishes by Sunday night and I'll post the round up!  Send them to Crabbymomofthree at comcast dot net and also to Ruth at at 4everykitchen dot com.

Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Recipe
Adapted from Simple and Delicious

8 oz. dry small shell macaroni, uncooked
4 eggs
1 cup grated parmesan cheese, 4 oz.
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
Spaghetti sauce, about 26 oz.
2 cups mozzarella cheese, 8 oz.
28 slices of pepperoni

Spray 13 x 9 in. baking pan with cooking spray, set aside.  Cook macaroni according to package directions, drain, set aside.

Beat eggs in a bowl, add parmesan cheese and pepper, mix well.  Stir in macaroni.  Spoon into a prepared baking dish, cover with pasta sauce.  Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.  Top with pepperoni. 

Bake 20 minutes at 375 or until cheese is melted and golden brown.  Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. 

Total calories = 2904 calories
8 servings = 363 calories per serving

1 serving Pepperoni Pizza Pasta + small salad = 463 calorie dinner

One Year Ago...

Chicken Chow Mein in the Slow Cooker

This is linked with:
Mouthwatering Mondays at A Southern Fairytale
Delicious Dishes at It's A Blog Party
Tuesday at the Table at All The Small Stuff
Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
Hearth n Soul at Girlichef
Tasty Tuesdays at A Beautiful Mess
Tuesday Night Supper Club at Fudge Ripple
Tempt My Tummy at Blessed By Grace
Dr. Laura's Tasty Tuesday at Dr. Laura's Adventures
Pantry Recipe Swap at Home and Pantry


  1. I have never thought about doing pizza and pasta together, interesting. Diane

  2. this looks amazing - i'm sitting here with my mouth watering and wondering when i can give it a try! sadly not for lunch in a few hours...

  3. Oh yes, this looks like the pizza baked spaghetti that everybody in my house loves so dearly. Delicious :D

  4. Something to try, I also never thought about pizza pasta. Thanks.

  5. That looks exactly like pizza! How fun.

  6. Great looking pasta! My kids would love it as well! Fantastic!

  7. Oh my, I know we would love that...definitely bookmarking!

  8. I sorta make my lasagna like that sometimes...with pepperoni and mushrooms on top with just a bit of cheese covering them. Totally changes it up.

    Looks tasty!

  9. My family looooves this recipe! This is one of those great recipes that works perfectly for taking to a family who has just had a baby! Easy to reheat and nearly always a favorite!

  10. YUMMMM!! Can't wait to make this. I'm the exact same way - I wouldlove to add peppers and onions but the kids (and husband) wouldn't touch it.

  11. I thought this was a slice of pizza until I looked at the name. This looks really good, I will have to give this a try.

  12. No, I can't think of anything better for dinner! It looks just like pizza, I love it! This is one recipe I have to make - we are all huge pizza and pasta lovers in this house. I can't wait to combine the two!

  13. I saw the title and I was like where? It looks just like pizza! So yummy - love this idea!

  14. Debbi, I always find such great inspiration over here at your blog! This would be a huge hit with my hubby.

    Also I'd love it if you stopped by my blog this week to join in the giveaway!

    CSN Giveaway @ EKat's Kitchen

  15. That pizza recipe looks great! I think my fam would love it too. I agree - the veggies would be good. Thank you for your comment! WHEW! I need to get serious to look good in that dress!
    Have a pretty day!

  16. wow! this looks really good. my son loves pasta. this would be a great switch up from our regular spaghetti dinners. Thanks for sharing. I will def. give this a try!

  17. What a fun looking recipe. This would be great for when you're craving pizza but just don't have time to make the dough.

  18. Hi Debbie my kids love pasta and pizza so I am definitely bookmarking this on my Things to Cook list.

  19. In a word - WOW. Oh wait, maybe two words. Wow, YUM!

  20. I'm loving it.... I'm a pasta fiend!

  21. I love pasta and I really love pizza. Great family recipe, perfect for feeding a group. Who wouldn't love this?

    Plan B

  22. Whoa! What a combination! It looks like the kind of dish that's great to make for large groups--friendly flavors and a big old dish of it!

  23. The kid in all of us will just love this recipe. It really looks so good. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Miz Helen

  24. Hi Debbi! This recipe looks so absolutely cheesey delicious! Our local pizza parlor serves a ziti pizza but the crust is the normal pizza crust and it is a bit heavy. This one looks much better in my book! Thanks for sharing it on the hearth and soul hop! alex@amoderatelife

  25. This looks like a really fun pasta dish and it combined my all time favorite pizza - pepperoni!

  26. oh my...this is so decadent and perfect. i would love a huge plate of this while watching football this weekend. did you have any leftovers you can send my way? :) thank you for sharing with tuesday night supper club..and the invite to join the pasta roundup--i'm in.

  27. Debbi - this looks so delicious - my daughter was walking by and said "mom you need to make that - it is delicious" and so I will be making it soon! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Hearth and soul hop!

  28. I make this all the time! I found it in an old cookbook from Lipsic Ohio where my grandmother was from and have been making it since I was in high school. :)

  29. Debbie - Thanks for hosting Presto Pasta Nights! There's so many great recipes.

    This looks so delicious, my husband would love it!!!!!!!!!!

  30. WOW! Pizza and pasta - seriously??? Going to have to try this one with the children. Already know the hubby will be all over it.

    Thanks for sharing with Dr. Laura's Tasty Tuesday!

    Dr. Laura

  31. I've made this before-- It's always sooo good! I put in anything that a normal pizza can have on it.. Peppers and onions are my favorite. I make it with orange and red peppers to give the dish some bright colors. I've also put frozen peas in it before. yes.. peas. They are amazing in it.

  32. This was delicious!! I'm soo happy I found something this good for so little calories. THANK YOU!!