Monday, November 29, 2010

Mexican Ravioli Casserole




This was one of those days where I forgot to take any meat our of the freezer to thaw.  After deliberating for a bit, I stumbled up this recipe and remembers that I had a bag of frozen ravioli in the freezer. 

Dinner saved.

The only problem, is I forgot to write down who I got this recipe from.  So if you recognize it, let me know!

Mystery solved! This inspiration came from Heather from Out Of The Box and Into the Kitchen! Yea!  She has awesome recipes so go check her out! 



This was super simple and quite tasty.  Great meal when you're in a pinch with no thawed meat!

This is my submission to Presto Pasta Nights hosted this week by Ruth at Once Upon A Feast.  Head on over and link your pasta recipe!



Mexican Ravioli Casserole

1 - 25 oz. package of frozen cheese ravioli
16 oz. salsa
6 oz. can tomato paste
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup corn
1/2 tsp. cumin
6 oz. cheddar cheese

Mix salsa, tomato paste, black beans and corn together in a bowl.  Layer half of the ravioli on the bottom of an 9 x 13 pan.  Layer half the salsa/bean mixture on top.  Then add half the cheese.  Repeat once ending with cheese.  Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.  (I didn't time it, I really have no idea how long it was in there but it's all cooked, you're just heating it through.)


Total calories = 3072 calories
8 servings = 384 calories per serving

Mexican Ravioli Casserole + small salad = 484 calorie dinner


One Year Ago...


Adobo Chicken Salad Wraps









Mexican Lasagna








This is linked with:
My Meatless Mondays at My Sweet and Savory
Mouthwatering Mondays at A Southern Fairytale
Just Another Meatless Monday at Hey, What's For Dinner Mom?
Midnight Maniac Meatless Monday at Midnight Maniac
Delicious Dishes at It's A Blog Party
Menu Inspiration Monday at The Big Red Pot
Tuesday at the Table at All The Small Stuff
Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty with Bedlam
Hearth n Soul at Girlichef
Tasty Tuesdays at A Beautiful Mess
Tuesday Night Supper Club at Fudge Ripple
Tempt My Tummy at Blessed with Grace
Dr. Lauras Tasty Tuesday at Dr. Laura's Adventures




Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

34 comments:

  1. I am constantly in a pinch with no thawed meat so this sounds perfect! I've made something similar with spinach and artichoke before but I love the Mexican flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks tasty and so easy! Thanks for sharing it! (I'd have never thought of using ravioli to make a Mexican dish!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really yummy - and nice and healthy with the black beans too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a very similar recipe and it is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this sounds great! reminds me of a quesadilla casserole i make. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks good, I like those presto pasta in a pinch meals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a creative use of Ravioli! I'd love it if you'd link this to Menu Inspiration Monday and inspire everyone else over at my blog!

    http://thebigredpot.blogspot.com/2010/11/broccoli-cheese-soup.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the challenge of trying to come up with a good meal out of the freezer. Well done!

    Lots of yummy love,
    Alex aka Ma What’s For Dinner
    www.mawhats4dinner.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. casseroles are my favorite to eat but for some reason I have a hard time making them right. I'll have to try your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great way to use up ravioli! And a perfect meal for a cold night!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks SO delicious! I LOVE cheesy baked pasta. Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  12. This would be a hit in our house!

    We have ravioli at least once a month, but only the boring tomato sauce kind of way. This would be so much more interesting!

    I know what's for dinner tonight!

    Thanks for linking to Midnight Maniac Meatless Mondays.

    ♥ Rebecca Jean
    Midnight Maniac

    ReplyDelete
  13. super awesome!
    needing inspiration for dinner! youre awesome

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think it was my blog! (Out of the box into the kitchen!)

    glad to see you added the corn!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all the Mexican dishes you make - that one is a keeper too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks great! Love that Mexican food!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hate when I put off dinner until the last second and then end up scrambling around trying to figure out what to make. This sounds like a very good last minute dinner to throw together. I love your "a year ago" section, I always look to see what you made.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Don't you love it when there's something in the freezer that can come to your rescue? Thanks for sharing this one with Presto Pasta Nights.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an interesting recipe! It sounds wonderful Deb. It is always good to have some frozen items on hand to make quick and easy meals with.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow this looks good I think this was a good plan for a meatless dish and thank for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yum, Ive saved this one, hubs doesnt like pasta but I think if I added a mexican food touch to it he would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Funny that last year you made Mexican Lasagna, and this year you made Mexican Ravioli! It must be the time of year!

    They both sound delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. My husband is going to love this and I love that it requires no meat.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I looove Mexican anything and your recipe looks great! Thanks for sharing with the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like this! I always have ravioli in the freezer and the rest of the ingredients are pantry staples. This just might be my next emergency meal.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a delicious dinner save - I hate when I forget to thaw! I like the mexican spin on this. Thanks for linking this to the Hearth and Soul Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  27. this is very,very clever..i would have never thought to use an italian ingredient to make a mexican flavored dish. i love those "back pocket" recipes that help me use whatever i have in hand..this is one of them. thank you for linking this up to tuesday night supper club!

    ReplyDelete
  28. That's look good and seems easy to cook. Like you, I like using tomato paste more than tomato sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Come and see who is in the spotlight, this week at My Meatless Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Debbi, what a wonderful idea for a quick-fix meal. It's great to always have some treasures in the freezer for occasions like this. I always have a big bag of ravioli or gnocchi (or both) in the freezer for quick and easy meals.
    Sue :-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. This looks so delicious. A good meal for a cold day. I may start keeping ravioli as a staple!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love it, made it for dinner tonight :). Thanks as always for my go to place.

    ReplyDelete
  33. This looks and sounds FANTASTIC!!! I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete