Sunday, November 7, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - November 8 - November 14, 2010



Ok, so cooking on Saturdays just isn't happening.  I think that every week I have planned something to cook and it just doesn't get made.  I lose all interest in cooking by the time Saturday rolls around. My husband usually works like 1 - 9:30 so me and the kids usually have a lazy afternoon playing games or watching movies.  Dinner often is something simple like pancakes, mac and cheese or pizza.  Sometimes I'll make something simple for myself like black beans and a can of tomatoes with some homemade chips.  I think I could eat that daily. 

So the soup and sandwich that I had planned for last Saturday, will hopefully get made Monday.  That is the plan at least.  I still have my butternut squash sitting here waiting for something.  I love how patient they are!

Monday: Apple Cheddar Grilled Cheese & Butternut Squash Soup

Tuesday - Burgers and Baked Sweet Potato Chips

Wednesday:  Roast in the crockpot, haven't worked out all the details yet!

Thursday: Turkey Apple Salad Wraps

Friday: Leftovers

Saturday:  So not planning to cook, we'll see what inspiration hits!

Sunday: Chow Mein in the crock pot, egg rolls

This is linked with Menu Plan Monday over at I'm an Organizing Junkie!  Check her out for tons more menu plans, recipes and tips!

4 comments:

  1. Even if you miss one day you are so organised, wish I could plan ahead. I keep thinking I will do it, but it never happens!! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, my menu plan falls apart every weekend too! But I just keep on trying, eventually I'll get it figured out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that I'm not the only person that does this! I cook 4-5 nights a week and don't feel to bad about having the family fend for themselves on the weekend. However, this means that sometimes I overbuy on my menu planning and foods have to be hastily shoved into the freezer or thrown away. I'm with Heidi, I'll get it eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm assuming the apple cheddar grilled cheese is just apple slices on the grilled cheese sandwich? If so that's so smart!! Wow! Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete