Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Crustless Pumpkin Pie

I ate half this pie. No kidding!

The whole pie is less than 500 calories!  Woo-hoo!  Plus, it tastes awesome. 

I've never been a huge crust fan anyways and I didn't miss it one bit. 

This is the only pumpkin pie that I will make now. 

Crustless Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Recipe from KimBensen.com

15 oz. can pumpkin
3/4 cup Splenda
1/2 cup egg beaters
1 1/2 cup milk, 1%
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. flour
1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice

Beat all ingredients together.  Spray pie plate with cooking spray.  Pour batter in pie plate and bake for 15 minutes at 400.  Reduce heat to 350 and bake for an additional 50 minutes.  Place in microwave and cook on high for an additional 5 minutes, knife should come out clean when inserted into the center.  If not, stick it back in the oven briefly.  Allow it to cool completely before cutting it.  Add reddi whip if desired. 

Total calories = 476 calories
6 slices = 79 calories per piece not including reddi whip
One Year Ago...

Spinach Artichoke Cheese Dip with Homemade Garlic Tortilla Chips

This is linked with:
No Whine Wednesday at Food on the Table
Works for me Wednesday at We are THAT Family
What's on Your Plate? at Good Cheap Eats
Whatcha Makin' Wednesdays at Scrap Addict 4 Sure
I'm Lovin' It at Tidy Mom
Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum
Vegetarian Foodie Fridays at Breastfeeding Mom's Unite
Dining with Debbies Merry Munchies
Recipe of the Week: Cupcakes and Pies at Family Fresh Meals

This is also my submission to LOVE THE PIE hosted by Tidy Mom! 

Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.


  1. holy cow! i LOVE this! i can totally go for some right about now...

  2. I can totally vouch for this pie! My college roommate brought it with her when she came home with me our freshman year for Thanksgiving. It has been a Thanksgiving staple ever since!

  3. YUM! I'm always shocked at how much fat is in a store bought crust. This is so much better and you CAN eat half! : )

  4. Have to give this a try, pumpkin pie is a favorite! Thanks!

  5. Girl! I can see how this would taste as good as any pumpkin pie. Isn't interesting that sometimes that fat and calories are places that really don't make it better. Except, I like pie crust and make an excellent one. Nope, if I have to give up something, won't be the pie crust.

  6. dude really?? Awesome at 500 calories

  7. I'm definitely going to make this!

  8. Amazing! I love pumpkin pie. You're right, who needs the crust?!

  9. seriously? i can't believe it. i would eat my entire 1500 allotted daily calories of this...you are the best!

  10. I have to make this pie. My daughter has always liked pumpkin pie and her birthday is on or around Thanksgiving. When she eats my pumpkin pie she always eats the filling...scrapes it out and leaves the crust...no whip cream nothing! So I think this one is perfect for her!

  11. I never was much of a crust girl either (I don't even like to make it!). I would always eat the filling in the pumpkin pie and leave the crust as a child too!

  12. Whoa I could eat that whole pie for dinner and still have calories to spare! how awesome.

  13. I think you just made a lot of people happy!

  14. The whip cream looks so cute on top of the pie. :D

  15. Heh...my mom hates pie crust, so this would be a great one for her!

  16. Wish we could get pumpkin spice here as this looks yummy, but I am sure it would not taste the same without the spice!! Diane

  17. Yumo. That is some good-lookin' pumpkin pie sans crust!

  18. Great idea!!! I love pumpkin pie, I could do it crustless.

    Lots of yummy love,
    Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner

  19. I don't know how I feel about the whole pie being under 500 calories. I will be honest, when you said that I thought, "I could eat the whole pie and not feel guilty?!?" I think that I would skip the whole dinner and go straight for the pie. :o)

  20. This is SO going on my "must try" list!! Thanks!!!

  21. 79 calories per slice? I am allll over that. Although I love pumpkin with pie crust I only allow myself to eat it on Thanksgiving. Now I can eat it more often! Thanks!

  22. That would go over huge with my family!! How clever!!! YUM!!

  23. Interesting! When you take a bite, can you tell it's Splenda and not sugar? I'm curious, since I don't really dig the flavor of Splenda . . .

  24. Wow this pie is only 500 calories I will be thanking you for this recipe next week and thanks for linking up with me

  25. Ohhh a pie I wouldn't feel guilt about if I ate it all ... lol :). LOVE it, now I'm a crust fan put for pumpkin I can make the exception :)

  26. I love this low calorie pie! I might miss the crust but I could give it up for all those calories!

  27. love the frosting. . I am not worry bout calories lol I just love to eat this and good

  28. I could totally go for this. I love crust but I don't love the pumpkin pie filling and crust together. The texture always gets to me.

  29. That's like pumpkin pudding in a pie pan! It looks soooo good! Thanks for sharing Debbi!

  30. This is my favorite pumpkin pie! I actually really don't like pumpkin pie, but enjoy this crustless version, esp the low calories! I forgot about it, though--thanks for the reminder.

  31. You can sub the milk for unsweetened vanilla almond breeze to lower the calorie count by another 60 calories or so for virtually no taste difference:)

  32. Hello,

    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,


  33. I can't believe the whole pie is less than 500 cals! That is AWESOME!