Friday, November 12, 2010

Booger Pie




Yup!  Booger pie. No idea where the name came from. Probably from some snotty kid.  Ha ha.

I got this from Erin and she says where she found it, it was called booger pie so she didn't come up with it.

I saw it and immediately knew that my kids would love to make it. Just the name alone made them want to try.  This from the family who can't say "duty" without breaking into fits of giggling.  Or when someone says "more on...", or "you're in..." (urine).  So booger pie was totally going to be a hit.   




They all took turns dipping the cookies into milk and spreading the cool whip on top. 


I think the best part is licking your fingers along the way.  It's okay, we kept it in the family!


We made this in the afternoon. After dinner we had meeting and then came home to this treat!  Now, I don't usually give out this kind of treat, especially so late. It was about 10.  But I knew that we wouldn't be able to have it in the frig for a whole other day.  So we polished it off. 


It wasn't until after we realized that we just ate a whole pack of cookies, a tub of cool whip and a bunch of chocolate chips in one sitting and right before bed. I'm a great mom, aren't I!

I was impressed by the consistency of it. The cookies softened and it really tasted cake like. I don't think anyone would know it was just cookies and cool whip if you didn't tell them.  I'm sure we will make it again for a sleepover or something. It WAS fun!

Yes, I know this is supposed to be a healthy, low calorie blog and I promise that I will have a healthy, low calorie pie coming, very soon!






Booger Pie Recipe
Recipe from Making Memories: One Fun Think After Another

1 package of chips ahoy chocolate chip cookies
16 oz. tub of cool whip
Small bowl of milk
Chocolate chips

We used an 8 x 8 sides pan.  Dip half the cookies in milk and layer on the bottom of pan.  Spread half of the cool whip over the cookies and then sprinkle with chocolate chips.  Repeat layers.  Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. The longer it sits in the refrigerator, the better.  The cookies soften from the milk and it gets almost cake like.



26 comments:

  1. I quite like this recipe - not only for the simplicity of it but as something kids could make on their own. Thanks for posting this, I'm going to share the recipe with a friend who has young children. I'll tuck it into my recipe file for the grandchildren I plan to have eventually ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great treats for kids, they look like they are having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't say I'm crazy about the name, but the recipe itself sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It may not be low cal, but life is too short not to indulge in a good booger every now and then! (oh, that was mature!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you get your kids involved and this sounds like the perfect recipe for doing that, name and all. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun time with your kids! So what did you say, who wants a piece of booger pie? LOL, my kids would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not only a whole package of cookies and a tub of cool whip...but a BIG tub of cool whip! :) Love it!!!!

    I can't wait to make this with the neices next time they visit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You family is awesome! and hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha my 20+ year old friends have the same reaction when I say the word duty as well. So no, it never gets old. :P

    THis pie sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The name puts me off, but I know I would like it. What fun for your house.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never seen this recipe positioned to kids before. I've made it myself, however, the recipe I used called for the cookies to be soaked in Kaluha or Irish Cream. definitely not for kids (unless your goal is to have them sleep in).

    Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for linking to me and I'm so glad your family liked it! Who knew... booger pie! =o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, this looks way too good! :) YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everyone deserves a treat every now and then :) This looks like a delicious indulgence!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum! General Tso's chicken from earlier in the week looks yummy too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL that's a funny name but it looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha! I will have to make these with my kids just for the name alone! It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Debbi, LOVE this recipe!! I mean the name alone got me, but it actually sounds good. I can't wait to make this. My kids are adults but I'm sure I'll still get a laugh out of them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I CAN CERTAINLY SEE WHY KIDS LIKE THIS PIE - WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE? Thanks for linking it to tailgating time, it's a perfect "guy" pie!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like you all had a lot of fun, and life would be pretty boring if we were ate totally healthy all the time anyway :) It does sound really delicious, and I love the name!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I saw this, the other day, and decided it was pure drool factor. I was so happy when you linked it up where I can see it, whenever I blog. That is an upside of having a linky. All these great recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so fun! What a tasty treat! I love everything about it :) Thought I'd commented before, but I must have gotten sidetracked. Here we go though and I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I can see why your kids love this one so much. Thanks for linking it up!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  25. How fun is this recipe! My girls would love to make this. hehe Big D is cracking up over the name!

    ReplyDelete