Sunday, October 3, 2010

Zucchini Lasagna






Lasagna. What's not to love. 

Cheesy oooey goooey, saucy, meaty, flavorful, low carb...

Wait.  What?  Low carb?

Yes!  This is an awesome love carb lasagna without pasta! 


Everything is in this lasagna BUT for the pasta.  The roasted zucchini is an excellent substitution.

Now, don't tell me that you are not a zucchini fan.  It soaks up all the saucy numminess and doesn't taste like you're eating vegetables at all.

Seriously, you gotta believe me.

This was SO incredibly delicious and so nice and low calorie. 

But don't take my word for it, go and make it.  Trust me.  :-) 

This is linked up with:



Zucchini Lasagna Recipe
Adapted from Finding Joy in My Kitchen

1 lb. ground turkey
1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
1 1/2 tbsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
4 zucchini, sliced and ROASTED
1 cup cottage cheese
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese

Het oven to 325. Coat an 8 in. baking pan with cooking spray. Arrange half of the already roasted zucchini slices in the bottom of the dish.  Layer half of the meat sauce, half of the cottage cheese and half of the mozzerella over the zucchini.  Repeat layers, ending with the mozzarella cheese.  Bake uncovered for 40 minutes. 

Total calories = 1379 calories
6 servings = 230 calories per serving

2 servings zucchini lasagna = 460 calorie dinner


Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

15 comments:

  1. This looks fabulous. Lasagna of any type is yummy: regular, veggie...yummmm... I see this on the menu soon!

    Jennifer
    http://wecanlosethepounds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Your making me crave lasagna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Switch the eggplant for Zucchini that is sliced thin on a mandolin. Less liquid, so the end product will be firm and never the bitter taste from eggplant sometimes. All looks tasty though !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, sounds yummy. I may try this next week...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you enjoyed this recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks good. Here's another way to use zucchini, it's a versatile ingredient.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks really good, gooey and cheesy and what's not to love about that calorie content!? Thanks so much for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Debbi! Good on you for not depriving yourself while watching your weight! Found your lovely healthy blog through "Never Fading Wood." I will definitely be trying out this recipe.

    Have a healthy fun loving day!

    Michel Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have also linked you to my cooking blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love lasagna, I have never though of making it with zuccini. This is on my 'to do' list. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gooey, cheesy works for me and so does zucchini!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks/sounds so delicious!! I am definitely going to try it... maybe my boyfriend who doesn't like zucchini will even try it, because it looks sooo ooey gooey good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great - and yummy - idea! I wonder if I could get it past my picky "I won't eat zucchini" eater?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous! I love zuchinnis! But theyre expensive here in the Philippines. I usually use eggplants as alternatives. I love making moussaka's too.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is one way I have yet to eat zucchini! Love it! Thanks for your votes and support in the competition - your the best!

    ReplyDelete