Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Wraps




You want quick and easy?  You got it!

You want something super, duper tasty!  This is it!

This may be my new favorite meal.  It took very little effort and it was SO good! 



I've grown to love Frank's Buffalo Hot Sauce.  I've only fairly recently entered the world of buffalo wing sauce and I ain't leaving anytime soon!   


I spooned a bit of light ranch over mine because I am a condiment junkie.  Hubs thought his was fine as it was.  Blue cheese would be good too.

This is linked with:





Buffalo Chicken Wraps Recipe

2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup Franks Buffalo Wing Sauce
3/4 cup ranch dressing, light
10 - 100 calorie whole wheat tortillas
Lettuce

Place chicken and salt in the crockpot.  Cover and cook for 6 - 7 hours on low.  Remove chicken and empty crock pot of water. Shred the chicken and add back to the slow cooker.  Mix ranch and buffalo wing sauce in a small bowl.  Add the sauce to the chicken and stir.  Serve on tortillas with lettuce.

Total calories = 2755 calories
10 servings = 276 calories per wrap

**I didn't measure how much meat went on the tortillas but I THINK that we got 10 wraps out of this.

More buffalo sauce recipes!

Sloppy Buffalo Joes

Buffalo Chicken and Potatoes

Buffalo Chicken Pizza



Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

21 comments:

  1. I think my sons would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks good but I'd have to use a mild sauce for me. I'll have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks good.. I can't do hot due to the radiation that crossed over my throat.... enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I will have to try your recipe because I am positively addicted to Frank's Red Hot sauce! I honestly have say I have not found anything it's not delicious on. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I love all your buffalo chicken recipes - and I especially love slow cooker-able meals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like to cook a pot of the chicken this weekend. Would be perfect as the weather cools.

    ReplyDelete
  7. being a total buffalo sauce addict myself, I know that I totally want this in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Make mine with blue cheese! Looks so good, Franks fan here, too, on everything, although Sriracha sauce is catching up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbi - have you found Laughing Cow blue cheese? For 35 calories you could spread that on your tortilla for the blue cheese flavor - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the sounds of this one! I'm a stckler for any buffalo chicken recipes! I'm adding this for our menu next week!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stopped in from ' Me and my bucket' and this looks delic!!! Where do you find this sauce?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am also new to the world of Buffalo chicken sauce. Sooooo good. I am making this one for sure. Another great Buffalo recipe that I have made is Buffalo chicken meatloaf: http://www.candcmarriagefactory.com/2010/02/buffalo-chicken-meatloaf.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Franks but you already knew that. This looks too darn delicious for it's own good. I could eat 5 of these and not even realize it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds like something I'd love. I'm definitely saving this one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum... so easy and so tasty! LOVE Frank's buffalo sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love chicken in the slow cooker! These look excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks delicious. I would definitely try it with Blue Cheese. I think buffalo sauce and blue cheese is a classic combo. Thanks for linking up to NWW.

    ReplyDelete
  18. hi debbi- question...i have never done chicken in the crock pot. does it fall apart tenderly?

    jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  19. Place chicken and salt in the crockpot. Cover and cook for 6 - 7 hours on low. Remove chicken and empty crock pot of water

    I don't see any water in the recipe? Do we cover the chicken with water while it cooks?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I made them this past Sunday for the Cardinal game and everyone loved them!!

    http://mealsforreal.blogspot.com/2011/10/slow-cooked-buffalo-chicken-wraps.html

    ReplyDelete