Friday, October 8, 2010

Saturday Stumbles


Here are some interesting and delicious posts that I have stumbled upon this week!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tricia and Rachel are teaming up here in October during National Breast Cancer Month to help the fight with Saving Second Base. Please visit A Southern Fairytale and Once A Month Mom for some compelling stories about breast cancer and fantastic recipes to go along with them.  They will be featuring these posts everyday on their blogs and then turning them into an EBook where the ENTIRE proceeds will go to help this disease! 




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Got an awesome chili recipe?  Head on over to enter your chili in the 2010 Texas Star Chili Cook Off!  Or just go there and see some awesome chili recipes!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have never made marshmallows!  I think if I did though, these would totally be the ones.  What a fun treat!



Pumpkin Spiced Marshmallows - Taste and Tell


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As long as we are talking about marshmallows, these caught my eye. Now, I am NOT a Halloween fan but I can see the possibilities with this marshmallow project!  My kids would love to decorate them! 



Marshmallow Treats - Crystal & Co.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This salad is just beautiful and it is something that I could eat daily! Chickpeas are my favorite.  Garbanzo beans are good too.  :-)



Chickpea Salad with Ginger at Dear Kitchen: Let's Be Friends

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How's this for a wonderful cake!!  I've never chocolate dipped a cake and added filling!  I so hope she saved me a piece!



Lamington Cake - Nothing Too Fancy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I found this delicious savory cheese muffins and totally thought these would be great with chili. Or anything!


Cheese Muffins with Sage - Indigo's Sugar Spectrum

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you are trying to lose weight, I suggest you look away now.  This is just breathtaking.  A girl can dream, can't she?


Chocolate Cake Flan with Caramel and Walnuts - Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is linked to Saturday Stumbles from It's Come To This and Share Your Faves from It's a Blog Party



Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

9 comments:

  1. I love that pumpkin marshmallows and chocolate cake with caramel and walnuts from Reeni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The E-Book is a great idea to make money for cancer. It will be worth looking out for. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those marshmallows and Reeni's cake caught my eye as well! Utter love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many good things. Love the marshmallows and that cake with the caramel is sinful. It all looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for mentioning me and my cake ^_^ Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You stumbled upon such delicious things, who can pick a favorite? and the ebook is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such delicious finds! Thanks for featuring my cake! And also thank you for all the support in the food blog competition!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog makes me hungry :) Going to check out "saving second base" now. Love the concept!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You found some great stuff this week!! Those cheese muffins look great :)

    ReplyDelete