Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Pepperjack Peach Chicken Quesadilla w/ Honey Lime Sour Cream




I've still been enjoying the abundance of fresh peaches!  I've been making a bunch of peach recipes and still the peaches keep coming. 

Tortilla are our go-to meal.  When in doubt, put it on a tortilla.   




I hadn't ever put peaches on a tortilla though. Love peaches so how could it be bad? 

This proved to be a highly tasty and simple meal. I knew it would be good but was surprised HOW good it turned out.  I ended up eating these for lunches for a week!


The pepperjack cheese with the slight spice paired with the sweetness of the peach was perfect.  Dipped in the honey lime sour cream made it spectacular!

We ate these with an amazing green chili chicken soup that was awesome as well.  I have this recipe posted on Our Krazy Kitchen

This is linked with:
No Whine Wednesday at Food on the Table
This Weeks Craving: Peaches at Moms Crazy Cooking



Pepperjack Peach Chicken Quesadillas w/ Honey Lime Sour Cream Recipe

Quesadillas:
2 large peaches, sliced in thin slices
1 cup shredded cooked chicken
1/2 cup shredded pepperjack cheese
4 - 100 calorie flour whole wheat tortillas

Honey Lime Sour Cream:
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp. lime juice (maybe a bit more)
2 tsp. honey
Combine all 3 ingredients and stir.  Chill until ready to serve.

Heat pan.  Place tortilla on pan, toasting on one side. Flip. Add 1 tbsp. cheese and 1/4 cup chicken.  Add peach slices and 1 more tbsp. cheese.  Fold tortilla in half and cut into wedges. 

Repeat with other quesadillas. Serve with honey lime sour cream.

Total calories = 1165 calories
4 servings = 291 calories per serving

Pepperjack Peach Chicken Quesadilla + Green Chili Chicken and Lime Soup = 485 calorie dinner

More quesadilla recipes!





Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

35 comments:

  1. We have to hold onto summer just a little bit longer. Awesome quesadillas! The soup looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't go wrong with those little bundles of fruity sunshine. That looks seriously good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those quesadillas look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks delicious! :) YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow yum! I love the combination of sweet and salty and spicy. This looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always enjoy reading your blog! I have honored you on my blog. Check it out

    http://airforcewifeandmommytwo.blogspot.com/2010/10/blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a good idea, I would never of thought of doing that. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, great recipe - I would love to try this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look perfect. I'll be over in 10! :)

    Lots of yummy love,
    Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
    www.mawhats4dinner.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. A light and delicious meal! I love the peachy quesadilla!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You come up with such delicious recipes. Love this one! The sweet from the peach and the heat from the pepperjack, right up my alley! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Debbie! what an awesome combo! and i love the presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was looking at this recipe when my 5 year old daughter walked in and she told me I had to make these, so I guess I will be making them! Ha! We love all and any quesadillas around here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Peaches do sound really good in it and the honey lime sour cream sounds like a great match.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks heavenly Debbbie! good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Debbi I responded to your post on my blog but I didn't know if you would see it or not so I wanted to let you know here. I don't want to confuse you and make you think you can't quote anyone. I think its only copyrighted material you can't quote but you may want to do your own research. I just don't want to take any chance of getting in trouble for posting something that I didn't write. Here is a link to a post with a copyright law so you can read for yourself. http://www.something-fishy.org/sfwed/legal.php Just go down to the section on permissions and copyrights. Sorry if I confused you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so creative and so delicious! I have a whole bunch of peaches just languishing. Love the sour cream too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I never would have thought of pepperjack and peaches. I think I might give it a try this weekend Thanks for the tip!

    Shannon - TheMeWithin

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yet another recipe from you that I HAVE to add to my recipes to make. I really love that you do these healthy recipes, you are a great "go to." PS I'm with you on your comment about how hard it is to comment back sometimes. Especially those w/ the word captcha's, those REALLY frustrate me, even more especially when they're smaller blogs. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Debbi, these look mouth-watering. I love the addition of peaches and the flavors to the sour cream. YUM! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  21. YUM! I have to try that, it looks simple but delicious.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. this sounds really appetizing:)i have tried chicken and peaches combo before but not on a tortilla. this does look yummy! thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  23. All, you had to say was peaches. You made a tortilla into something special.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love peach salsa so this seems like something i would really enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have to admit... I'm still scared of eating fruit with savory things. ;) But these do look good! Mmm. =)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Quesadillas are our go to meal quite often. These look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yum, yum, and yum! I love the sweet,hot,savory, spicy combo here :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. peaches and chicken is a combination that I would never do...but your creation looks very yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I like the spicy and sweet combo.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This recipe looks amazing. I can't wait to try it.=)Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Honey lime sour cream is such a good idea. These look great! Thanks for linking up to No Whine Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi, Just wanted to let you know I am featuring your recipe tomorrow at Lady Behind The Curtain for Feature Friday "Peaches" CONGRATULATIONS! Come on over and grab a Feature Friday Button!

    ReplyDelete
  33. A yummy delicious recipe.I should definitely try this.
    Chicken quesadilla recipe

    ReplyDelete