Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Peanut Butter Banana Tortilla




Here's another kid project that we love to do. The kids will take turns spreading the peanut butter over the tortillas and rolling the bananas.  The best part is cutting the tortilla.  They spend a lot of time "plating" so it looks pretty.  Clearly we've watched iron chef way too many times.  

This makes an awesome healthy, filling snack too!  I've been known to eat this for lunch with a salad along with it.  If I made it for myself, I sub peanut butter for PB2, it's like 1/4 of the calories and is delicious!


The only problem is trying to keep bananas here long enough to actually make this! 

I seriously buy massive amounts of bananas and they get eaten immediately.  Clearly I gave birth to monkeys.  Uh, then, what does that make me?





Peanut Butter Banana Tortilla Recipe

1 banana
1 tbsp. peanut butter
1 - 100 calorie whole wheat tortilla

Spread peanut butter on tortilla. Place banana in the middle and roll the tortilla up.  Eat whole or cut into pieces.

Total calories = 300 calories

Total calories with PB2 = 230 calories


Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

24 comments:

  1. I just love the sound of these - so much healthier, and even more delicious! Thank you for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks like a cool idea....www.chackoskitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, Thanks for letting me know about the widget. I switched back so come stop by again with your great recipe. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so going to try this! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kid project! No way, I'm going to eat them all myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness. There are two adults here in The Cottage that will be enjoying this recipe very soon...yummy!
    Thank you for bringing out the kid in all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea, and so good that kids can make it themselves too. It's never too early to get them in the kitchen - not only is it fun, but it is wonderful when kids grow up knowing how to cook!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My son would love this! He likes to tinker in the kitchen and he can't pass up a banana. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My children will love this! Wonderful idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Idea...I bet my kids will love it! Thanks for linking up at Around My Family Table...hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are adorable. Healthy and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have to say, you come up with some excellent recipes! Love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anything with peanut butter is excellent in my book! So this PB2 stuff....is it really good and worth the price to order online? I once tried some peanut butter substitute and it was nasty so I'm afraid to get adventurous again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now this, this is something I'd make for me. I oh so love PB and banana's. Have you ever tried PB, banana's and Nutella? That's a great sandwich and I think I figured out with just a TLB of each, 1/2 banana and the 45 calorie bread it was 390 calories for a great nutrishes lunch. I'm going to have to give your idea a try with the DC kids, I bet they'll love it. Thanks!!
    Take care and have a great afternoon. God Bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great way to eat bananas and peanut butter. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Peanut butter and bananas are such a great combo! I bet this would be delicious if you stuck it under the broiler for a few minutes and let the outside crisp up a little, and the inside get a little gooey... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  17. these look like such a tasty and fun lunch! I would love them with PB and nutella!

    ReplyDelete
  18. very interesting way of eating banana and tortilla...

    ReplyDelete
  19. My kids are going to LOVE these! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good idea, my kids would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is my kind of snack, I'd even substitute the peanut butter with almond butter (for a switch), you can also use apple chunks. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I totally want to try this with my daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The pb2 does not taste like regular peanut butter but it is VERY close and definitely worth it when you consider the fat and calories savings:)

    ReplyDelete