Monday, October 4, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - October 4 - October 10, 2010

I'm not in the mood to cook. 

It's funny, some weeks, I see many new recipes that I want to try and I face the week with enthusiasm and excitement.  This is not that week.

Oh, there are many, many new recipes I want to try, I'm just not in the mood to be creative.  Yet.

So Tuesday's baked beans could prove to be a new or unique recipe. Or. It could be a can of baked beans, nuked and served.

Spaghetti on Wednesday could be a homemade sauce simmering on the stove or it could be a jar of Ragu.  We'll see how the week goes.  :-)

Monday: Chili Verde in the slow cooker

Tuesday: - Meatloaf, Rootbeer Baked Beans - Hot dogs for the kids

Wednesday: Spaghetti & meat sauce

Thursday: Asian Turkey Broccoli Wraps

Friday:  Pumpkin Pancakes, ham and homemade applesauce

Saturday: Caramelized Onion Bread Pudding

Sunday: Leftovers

This is linked to Menu Plan Monday over at I'm an Organizing Junkie.

Tricia and Rachel are teaming up here in October during National Breast Cancer Month to help the fight with Saving Second Base. Please visit A Southern Fairytale and Once A Month Mom for some compelling stories about breast cancer and fantastic recipes to go along with them.  They will be featuring these posts everyday on their blogs and then turning them into an EBook where the ENTIRE proceeds will go to help this disease!


  1. Pumpkin pancakes should be interesting, I've never tried that.

  2. dying to see the pumpkin pancakes! i just made oatmeal pancakes yeterday... and forgot the damn baking powder... flat pancakes. smh. lol.

  3. I'm so right there with you. I might order out. But that bread pudding sure sounds good.

    Lots of yummy love,
    Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner

  4. I see I'm not the only one whose eyes popped out at the thought of pumpkin pancakes! Sounds yummy. I always love your Monday meal me ideas.

  5. I agree, the pumpkin pancakes!

  6. The pumpkin pancakes sound delicious. Right there with you on the lack of inspiration today. Hang in there, we'll all muddle through! I'm a little bit of a dunce at how to figure out how to post these with a name...

  7. Even if you're not in the mood to cook, it sounds delicious! Have a wonderful week.

  8. Believe me - I've had plenty of weeks like that lately!! But what you have down looks great!

  9. I am the same way sometimes - some weeks my meal plan and grocery list comes together in an hour, some weeks I am leafing through my sale paper and nothing jumps out at me.

    Happy Monday!

  10. Hi Debbi,
    GREAT blog! Saw your recipe on Slim Shoppin', so glad I found you, I'll be checking regularly.

  11. just so you know I am coming to your house for dinner this week. Pumpkin pancakes sound yummy! Also I forgot about meatloaf and now that it is fall and chilly I might have to do one. And will you be posting your recipe for the bread pudding? That just sounds gourgeous.

  12. I hear you on having weeks when you don't want to cook!

    But -- that pumpkin pancake dinner sounds delightful!