Saturday, October 16, 2010

Amish Bread Pancakes






Pancakes are pretty much my kid's favorite food.  They seriously would be fine with pancakes daily. 

Uh, actually, I'm pretty sure they HAVE had pancakes daily some weeks. I usually make a huge batch and keep them in the frig for the kids to grab.   


I admit. I am usually a bisquick girl when it comes to pancakes. I mean, I seriously make them so often and they come together so quickly with Bisquick.

With all of this Amish starter, of course, I just had to make Amish pancakes. 

These were some of the best homemade pancakes I've had. I don't usually eat pancakes but I couldn't resist having a couple.  Especially we still had the homemade blueberry sauce from the previous week.  Delicious!!!




This is linked with Just Something I Whipped Up at The Girl Creative.

Check out my other Amish Bread!

Week 1 - Cinnamon Bread
Week 2 - Almond Joy
Week 3 - White Chocolate Almond Craisin
Week 4 - Pistachio Pineapple Coconut
Week 5 - Butterscotch Chocolate
Week 6 - Lemon Raspberry or Blueberry
Week 7 - Banana Cream
Week 8 - Oreo
Week 9 - German Chocolate with Coconut Pecan Frosting
Week 10 - Chocolate Covered Cherry
Week 11 - Peaches and Cream
Week 12 - Chocolate Coconut Cream
Week 13 - Strawberry Cheesecake
Week 14 - Cinnamon Streusel Apple Cake




Amish Pancake Recipe

About a 2 cups of starter
2 tbsp. oil
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda

Combine flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl. Set aside. In a smaller bowl, combine amish starter, oil, milk and egg.  Mix.  Add amish mixture to the large bowl and mix.  Add more milk if it is too thick.  Spoon batter onto greased griddle or pan. 

Variations:
Add 1 tsp. cinnamon for cinnamon pancakes
Add chocolate chips for chocolate chip pancakes
Add 2 more tbsp. oil for waffles

12 comments:

  1. Great idea!

    Also a bisquick gal, but these sound really good.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yum! It has been a while since I've made Amish sourdough starter. Need to make some again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MY oh MY!! thank you sooo much for commenting from the wonderful other blog you write that I didn't know existed!! I love trying new recipes and can't wait to browse some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so creative with the Amish starter!! We had pancakes too - Hannah had a big day at work and wanted something filling - I said how about pancakes and almost before I could finish my sentence she was like "Yep!!"

    Hope you are enjoying your Saturday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there anything you can't do with your Amish bread mix!? These sound delish :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great idea to make pancakes from the Amish starter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My kids would eat pancakes all day long! I finally accepted that and make a homemade mix with lots of "good stuff" in them so at least I feel like they are getting something nutritional! :-)This is a fabulous way to use the starter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Çok güzel çok leziz ve iştah açıcı olmuş. Ellerinize, emeğinize sağlık.

    Saygılar.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Debbie, how are u?
    These are so delish, i would mind pancakes everyday too,so delish!!
    And oh the blueberry sauce takes it up a few notches!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now I know I need to make this up! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, awesome! I always meant to make pancakes when I had a sourdough starter, but never did. :)

    ReplyDelete