Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Zucchini Fritters



As soon as I saw these on Reeni's blog, I knew I had to make them. 

I am so glad I did!

These were crispy and delicious!! I didn't need anything else on them, they were perfect just the way they were!




However, if you don't think you will be eating them all, I suggest leaving the raw zucchini mixture in the frig and making them fresh the next day.  We had leftovers and they were pretty mushy.  They still tasted fine though!

We ate these with a fantastic ham and cheese layered Sicilian Meatloaf. 

Don't forget to enter my Back to School $75 CSN Giveaway!

This is linked with: 
What's for Dinner? at Hon, What's for Dinner?
Works for Me Wednesday at We are THAT Family. Having a crispy, crunchy vegetable that is delicious and healthy totally works for me!
 






Zucchini Fritters
Adapted from Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice

2 small zucchini
1 tsp. salt
4 green onions, minced
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 cup cilantro or parsley
1/2 tsp. dill weed or 1/4 cup fresh dill
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 cup flour

Grate zucchini into a collander in the sink, toss with 1 tsp. salt and let sit for 10 minutes.  Squeeze out the liquid. 

Put into a bowl and add onions, garlic powder, parsley, dill, egg, cheese and flour.  Mix together. 

Add about 2 tbsp. oil to pan.  Pan fry spoonfuls of the mixture, flattening with a spatula, 3 - 4 minutes per side or until golden brown.  Drain on paper towels and season with salt and pepper. 

Total calories = 710 calories
11 Zucchini Fritters = 65 calories per zucchini fritter

Sicilian Meatloaf + Zucchini Fritters = 558 calories

Check out the Sicilian Meatloaf recipe on Our Krazy Kitchen!!


Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

23 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! We will have to give these a try after the farmers market Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbi, those zucchini fritters look fabulous - great way to use up some of the autumn surplus of zucchini.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kind of like potato pancakes, which I also love. I'm putting these on the menu. Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look so delicious! Wish I had one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these look great! I love zucchini and latkes, so this sounds perfect for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely delicious looking. You did it again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could have finished the whole plate at one go! Sometimes I mixed a little of grated carrots with the zucchini....delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made a similar recipe a few weeks ago! Aren't they great??!! I love them! The recipe I followed called for baking them, and I almost fried them, but at the last minute decided to follow the recipe and they were perfect! I can't wait to make them again! Leftovers were wonderful too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't made zucchini fritters all summer - what am I waiting for?!

    Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love zucchini fritters. This is a new version that I have not tried yet. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Debbie, those fritters look delicious and healthy to boot! I have a pile of zucchini in the fridge, I may have to try these out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have some zucchini still in the fridge so I'm going to make this! Probably tonite! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look so good! Thanks for another idea to use all of this summer squash. Happy you linked up today!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooohhhh, you had me at zucchini! YUM!!!

    www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Reeni recipes always work like a charm, don't they? :D

    These look great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love zucchini fritters. I have made one before with Tzaziki dip. Got the recipe from a foodbuzz friend. Its a healthier alternative to other fritters...

    ReplyDelete
  17. it's really delicious. . .I tried this twice and my family love it. So so much love the crisp

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for trying the fritters Debbi! Happy to hear you liked them! If I ever write a cookbook will you be my recipe tester? You totally rock!

    ReplyDelete