Saturday, September 25, 2010

Strawberry Cheesecake Amish Friendship Bread





Cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts.  I especially love fruit with cheesecake.  It somehow makes it more healthy!  :-)


I'm always afraid that the cakes won't cook well if I add too much moisture.  So I was slightly fearful in using a whole can of pie filling. 

It cooked fine though. If I remember correctly, I had to cook it for about 5 - 10 minutes longer.


This was a very pretty cake!



While we enjoyed this, it didn't have as much of a strawberry flavor as I had hoped.  I think that I would recommend making a homemade strawberry sauce using real strawberries.  I wasn't overly impressed with the canned filling.

Week 1 - Cinnamon Bread
Week 2 - Almond Joy
Week 3 - White Chocolate Almond Craisin
Week 4 - Pistachio Pineapple Coconut
Week 5 - Butterscotch Chocolate
Week 6 - Lemon Raspberry or Blueberry
Week 7 - Banana Cream
Week 8 - Oreo
Week 9 - German Chocolate with Coconut Pecan Frosting
Week 10 - Chocolate Covered Cherry
Week 11 - Peaches and Cream
Week 12 - Chocolate Coconut Cream



 
Strawberry Cheesecake Amish Bread or Cake

About a cup of starter
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups flour
2 small boxes of cheesecake pudding
1 can of strawberry pie filling

Spray cooking spray on 2 - 8 x 8 pans.  Mix all ingredients but the pie filling together and pour into the pans.  Gently drizzle and 1/2 can pie filling on each pan and swirl into the cheesecake batter.  Bake for 1 hour at 400 degrees.

This is linked with Ingredient Spotlight:Strawberries at Eat at Home

13 comments:

  1. I'm always amazed by the friendship bread add-ins you do!! I never even thought about doing anything but the norm! It definitely is pretty...and worth trying once strawberry season rolls around again with the fresh ones, for sure =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so good!! Stopping by to say hi (already a follower) from Spotlight Saturday.

    http://bethscoupondeals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so creative with that Amish friendship bread. I am so impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm getting hungry reading your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of adding cheesecake pudding to the Amish bread! I bet it makes it SUPER moist! Damn that sounds so tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen boxes of cheese cake pudding, that must be an American thing. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks delicious, Debbi! Love the way you do Amish friendship bread! Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks good! I've never had Amish friendship bread. I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM! salivating over it. . .This is such a great idea. You have the best solutions for getting a healthy meal on the table with little time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a good twist to strawberry shortcake!! Making me hungry, like always.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks heavenly delicious! Such a great idea for the Friendship bread! You make the best ones.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks awesome, I love your ideas for Amish friendship bread. The pudding must take it over the top with flavor & moisture!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is SO creative. It turned out really pretty too. I want a bite!

    ReplyDelete