Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Roasted Cauliflower




I like cauliflower in salads and with dip.  But I've never had it hot before.  I've seen recipes with it smothered in cheese but of course anything is good smothered in cheese!

But then I saw on Simply Recipes how simple and wonderful her cauliflower was with her amazing pictures.

Then another blogger, I can't remember who, had a post with roasted cauliflower and she was surprised how incredibly tasty it was. 

That's all it took, I was sold.




I enjoyed it but would add some different seasonings next time to give it more of a punch of flavor. 




This is linked with:


Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
Adapted from Simply Recipes

1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
2 tbsp. olive oil
Sprinkle of lemon juice
Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste

Lay cauliflower on baking sheet coated with cooking spray.  Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with spices.  Roast in oven at 450 for 25 - 30 minutes until browned on top. Flip 1/2 way through.

Check out my recipe for Pulled Chicken Sandwich with Dr. Pepper BBQ Sauce on Our Krazy Kitchen!!

21 comments:

  1. I love roasted cauliflower! One of my favorite ways to season it is with curry, garam masala, cumin and garlic. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love roasted cauliflower too. I did a post where I roasted many veggies. That is the way I learned to like brussels sprouts, with balsamic and walnuts. I agree with Jenn, cauliflower just seems to scream for some curry spices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually think that looks delicious!! Thanks for the visit today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love roasted cauliflower. We eat it several different ways but our favorite is super simple. Chicken thighs, cauliflower, and sweet potatoes. Chop the veggies into bite size pieces and put them in a large roasting pan with the chicken. Drizzle with olive oil then sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic, and a generous amount of yellow curry powder. Roast at 425* until the chicken is cooked through. Super tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stir fry mine with brocoli... with Olive oil and garlic... YUM

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Mr. doesn't like cauliflower so I am always trying to figure out different ways to make it. I will give this version a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to have to try roasted cauliflower and Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce is sounding pretty good to me too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now this is definitely a new way to cook cauliflower! Looks good--a nice change from the usual melted cheese, as you point out.

    e-Mom @ Susannah's {Kitchen}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cauliflower is one vegetable that I have never tried roasting - I will give this a go. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is far and above one of my favorite side dishes! Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love any veggie roasted! Especially cauliflower.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love roasted vegetables and cauliflower is fantastic when it's roasted, looks so good with the sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love cauliflower, never thought of roasting it but I will now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love roasted cauliflower! It's so easy and always tastes delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the idea! I haven't made that in a year!!

    I did roasted veggies one time, with lemon, thyme, garlic and cauliflower, potatoes, carrots, and it was awesome! AND, my kids loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great idea! I have even heard of cauliflower mashed potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. these look really good:) thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Roasted veggies are so wonderful!


    Thanks for stopping by my blog--I love getting new visitors!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've made cauliflower "popcorn" but not in ages. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I make roasted Cauliflower and Broccoli the same way...but I usually add a couple cloves of garlic too. OH so good!!!

    ReplyDelete