Monday, September 20, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - September 20th - 26th, 2010





There are 3 adults living here and 3 kids.  My oldest will often eat what I eat but the boys are quite picky. I often have to make separate meals for them. Annoying? Yes.  But it works for us.  I get to try new dinner recipes that I really enjoy and they get to eat. Period.



Monday:  Buffalo Chickpea Patties (I didn't get to them the other week) & Chicken Pasta Salad




Tuesday:  Sicilian Meatloaf (forgot to take it out of the freezer last week) & butternut squash



Wednesday:  Amish Pancakes with blueberry sauce, fruit & ham



Thursday:  Red Wine Steaks, broccoli & scalloped potatoes



Friday:  Smothered Chicken & gravy with mashed potatoes



Saturday: Burgers, fruit and fries



Sunday: Out to eat with friends.



This is linked with Menu Plan Monday over at I'm an Organizing Junkie.







Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

13 comments:

  1. Your meals are very interesting. It's hard when not everyone eats the same thing. You handle what many folks would find difficult in a great way. I hope you are having a good day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I come live at your house? Looks like a good week coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The smothered chicken and gravy sounds scrumptious! :)

    Have a great week!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom encountered the same annoyance when I still lived at home with her. My brother wanted some pork, and I just liked to eat seafood...and my mom preferred something simple, like one-pot rice or noodle...so, she had to cook twice meals daily and brought 4-5 different dishes to the table...poor mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have an award for you!
    http://msenplace.blogspot.com/2010/09/awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. If it works for you that's great! My mom would never make anything seperate for us! You are so organized I wish I could do that! Do they help with any meal suggestion? :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. It all sounds good! Don't you think you should come cook for us? I keep trying to get Biz to, but so far no luck! I love that you do a meal plan for the week. Fail to plan, plan to fail. You are setting yourself up for success.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The chicken and gravy look delicious. You have a great menu planned. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great week of food coming up Debbi.I love the variety in your menu plan.

    I use to have to make different things for my son when he was little. He was a picky eater! He finally out grew it and now at 21 he eats most things I fix. I didn't think it would ever happen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to always have to make a separate dish for the girls, but they had to have "no thank you" helpings of our dishes. Now that they are a little older, I find myself making a lot less dishes as they usually like what we fix. Sometimes, it just takes a little growing up on their part. The menu looks interesting, I think I will need to try a couple of them for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your Tuesday and Thursday menu. They are both interesting and appetizing. I hope I can be as organize as you are when it comes to menu preparation like this. I'd keep checking new recipes here in your blog =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. When you cook butternut squash..do you peel it first? Or do you poke some holes and bake it?

    ReplyDelete