Sunday, September 12, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - September 13th - 19th, 2010




I generally just plan my dinners. Breakfast is just a hodgepodge of cereal, PB toast or the occasional frozen waffles. There really is no structured plan.  Lunch is usually pretty simple.  I do daycare so I have a bunch of little ones here so we don't get too fancy.  Meat, bread and fruit.  That's usually about it. 


It's the dinners where I try to achieve some creativity.  I have hundred of recipes printed or saved on the computer that I pull out and make some sort of variation. So you'll see my plan for only dinners. 


Monday:  Beef Burritos & Watermelon


Tuesday:  Sweet & Sticky Chicken with Brown Rice and Broccoli


Wednesday:  Sicilian Meatloaf & Oven Potatoes,


Thursday:  Zucchini Lasagna, **Spaghetti for kids


Friday:  Mediterranean Veggie Sandwiches, **Grilled Cheese & ham for kids


Saturday: Special Assembly all day, out to eat afterwards


Sunday: Something in the crockpot, or picnic with kids, depending on weather.


This is linked with Menu Plan Monday over at I'm an Organizing Junkie

12 comments:

  1. There are some advantages to not having kids at home anymore, Debbi! I don't have to organize and plan. I used to though and give you great credit for planning ahead. I always found it cheaper in the grocery store when I had an organized list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make great meals considering you have a daycare with little ones always running around! Your my hero! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great menu for this week! Hope you'll post your recipes for Thursday and Friday. I just realized that I never did my menu plans this weekend, guess I better get going on that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great. I'm curious - do your kids not eat zucchini lasagna?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds wonderful, Debbie. I was never good at weekly planning. Even though I am now at home and only have 2 kids that live here anymore, I think I should be more organized. You inspire me =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you rock with the menu planning! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zucchini lasagna sound totally delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Creativity is what you are calling it? You deserve a much better word than that! YOu are nothing short of AMAZING! I love your blog and your dinner ideas. I am so happy to have come across it Debbi! You make me try new things.

    Jennifer
    http://wecanlosethepounds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of good eats at your house this week. I don't plan ahead for my lunch or breakfast either. I have several things on hand to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great looking menu! :) Love zucchini lasagna! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Special Assembly Day?
    roshana55068@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to get better at meal planning! Do you have the recipe for zucchini lasagna on here?

    ReplyDelete