Sunday, September 19, 2010

Kids Trail Mix

Isn't that pretty?  Never mind the huge mess on the counter.


So my son found another recipe he wanted to try in the Everything Kids Cookbook.  He's been really showing an interest in cooking which is slightly odd to me as he is my picky eater. Like really picky. He's the one who doesn't like his food "mixed" at all.  Which is why we don't usually make trail mix.  Even stranger that he WANTED to make trail mix.  

We pretty much had everything on hand but for the M & M's. We do not at anytime have M&M's on hand.  Especially the peanut ones are WAY dangerous! I made hubs take the rest to work to get them out of site!

Each of the 3 kids, uh, 4 kids with the husband, made their own custom bag.  I just stole, took, -- the kids gave me some of their M&M's. 

This is linked with:
Just Something I Whipped Up at The Girl Creative
Mouthwatering Mondays at A Southern Fairytale
Tip Day Thursday from Around My Family

We used:
Mixed Nuts
Peanut M&M's
Coconut Flakes
Pumpkin Seeds
Sunflower Nuts
Mini Marshmallows
Clearly this wasn't about being healthy. It was about the nummy factor. It certainly was delicious!


  1. HaHa I love this post, "I just stole, took, -- the kids gave me some of their M&M's", priceless. I am getting a sugar high just looking at this. Hubs always has M&M's at the house. Luckily for me the only time I eat them is when I make a bowl of popcorn which is not an every night event for me.

  2. It's great that your son is showing interest in cooking... maybe he'll be willing to try some new things if he has a hand in making them!

  3. Yum!! I love trail mix. I also love the fact that your kids were involved. How fun for them to make their own unique bag!!

  4. Peanut and peanut butter M&M's are totally addicting! I can't be trusted around them either. Love the personalized trail mix idea!

  5. Great idea, my daughter will love this one. Thanks for linking up at Around My Family Table.