Thursday, September 16, 2010

Hawaiian Rum Marinated Pineapple



Looking for a delicious, healthy, low calorie side dish?  Look no further! Grilled pineapple is the perfect complement to your grilled meal.

I know grilling season is just about over but this is too good to pass up! I know that this grilled pineapple will make many appearances in the future. 

 




Hawaiian Rum Marinated Pineapple

1 fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into slices
1/4 cup rum
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground cloves

Place pineapple rings in a large plastic baggie.  Mix other ingredients in a small bowl and add to the pineapple.  Refrigerate for at least an hour or up to overnight.  Grill for about 10 - 15 minutes, turning once or until outside is dry and char marked.  Serve with remaining marinade if desired. 




Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

17 comments:

  1. Grilling season is still in full swing here in Florida. Pineapple is a perfect fruit to roast on the grill. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - This recipe looks great but you hooked up too quick! You didn't see that you were the most popular recipe for the week of 9/10 at Family Food Fridays! Congrats! Your recipe will be featured in the sidebar for a week. Grab a badge if you like. Thanks for linking up every week and thanks for making such kick ass...oops..I mean really great recipes that I keep coming back to! You Rock! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I wish pineapple didn't make my belly hurt! This looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should have made this with dinner tonight! Next time...

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love grilled pineapple but have only done it with brown sugar and butter. All of these great spices are going to be fun to try. I'd love some right now. My mouth is watering.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUMMY...that looks great and what a fun way to eat pineapple :) Visiting from get healthy cheap link up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on popular recipe for the week.

    Oh wow this pineapple sounds amazing. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gal could grow to love these. They sound delicious and, in the grand scheme of things, are more healthy than a lot of other dessert snacks. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great looking recipe for pineapple! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love pineapple at my house...I can think of so many dishes to serve this with! Great idea, Debbi!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love grilled pineapple! Your version looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you said RUM.
    YOu had me at RUM. :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds delicious! I think I will go get a pineapple this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice! We've done grilled pineapple loads of times but never marinated!! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love some grilled pineapple! Yours sounds wonderful! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never seen pineapple done quite like this before. Interesting! Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites!

    ReplyDelete