Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Cinnamon Peach Cottage Cheese Pancakes





Monkey Turds.

That's what my kids called these pancakes.

Let me explain.

I made the topping and tasted it and it was super delicious!!  Holy cow it was good!!  The kids asked,

"Hey Mom, What is that?"

"This is a peach topping and it is so good it would make monkey turds taste good!"




The kids of course giggles like crazy and thus referred to my oh-so-delicious pancakes as Monkey Turds for the rest of the evening. 

My fault.

However, I assure you, these do taste absolutely delicious!  And for you cottage cheese haters (c'est moi!), it completely disappears.  You'd never know it's there.  

The original recipe called for more milk but the husband bought fat free cottage cheese which probably is more runny so I went with less milk.  

I also found out that when you shred a peach it basically just juices. Who knew! 

Don't forget to enter my $75 Back to School CSN Giveaway!

This recipe is linked with:
Just Something I Whipped Up from The Girl Creative





Cinnamon Peach Cottage Cheese Pancakes
Adapted from Allrecipes


4 eggs
1 cup cottage cheese, fat free
1/4 cup milk, 1 %
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tbsp. butter, melted
1 peach, shredded
1 cup all purpose flour
2 tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg

Topping:
3 large peaches, peeled and cut into chunks
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tbsp. butter
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon


Mix eggs, cottage cheese, milk, vanilla, butter and peach in a large bowl.  Combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and cinnamon in a small bowl.  Stir flour mixture into the cottage cheese mixture until just combined. 


Heat a pan and spray with cooking spray.  Drop batter by large spoonfuls onto pan and cook until bubbles form and the edges are dry.  Flip, and cook until browned on the other side. 


Total calories = 1649 calories with topping
22 pancakes = 75 calories per pancake with topping

6 Peach Pancakes + Ham = 525 calorie dinner


Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

27 comments:

  1. These do look super delicious. I can see why they are a hit at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These do look good! I'm nervous about cookie with cottage cheese. The last time I did, I ended up with a horribly curdled mess. I think it's time I try again! The zucchini cakes from your previous post look great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are going to try this when the weekend arrives! They look like something my kids would love, (of course, I might have to change the name, just for my own sanity!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to laugh when I read this!! Laugh out loud that is. This really looks delish. I love how much topping there is on the pancakes. Peaches yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love peaches! I'd just eat the topping and be as happy as a clam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow what a great idea for pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmmmm! Peaches are on sale this week. I think will try this recipe out. Thanks for linking up to Tasty Traditions! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie, I am really loving these pancakes. Despite the name your children have given them, they sound delicious. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Monkey turds - love it! I don't think I've ever used cottage cheese in pancakes - although I do use cottage cheese in lasagna instead of ricotta - who knew my Italian husband isn't a fan of ricotta cheese?

    Have a great day Debbi! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought at first the name your children have called these would put me off(!!) but I have to say they look quite delicious. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds great but I have to say your childs name for them does simulate the recipe LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love monkey turds! they look yummy any way LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Call them what you want, these sound delicious! I bet the pancakes were so fluffy from the cottage cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well I'm just gonna have to try these Monkey Turds, perfect for the crazy monkeys I have running around my house! (Yep, my kids...)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I could totally go for some of your monkey turds coated w/ peachy goodness...they sound awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These sound sooo good! I'd like to put that peach topping on some ice cream too, not so healthy, but I bet delicious! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love pancakes, love peaches, this sounds like an easy winner. Thanks Debbi!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These look so delicious. What a great twist on pancakes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These look positively delicious! I am loving the peach topping!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am into pancakes, these days and this one makes all the others pale in comparison.

    Hubby does not like pancakes for dinner but I think, this might convince him to indulge.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks great...OK, well it looks like it tastes great! hahaha. We LOVE breakfast for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I make a version of cottage cheese pancakes. I think your peach topping would make a healthier topping than syrup.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Funny story! And a great recipe!

    Thanks for linking up last week for Friday Favorites!

    ReplyDelete