Saturday, September 4, 2010

Chocolate Coconut Cream Amish Friendship Bread or Cake


I've been making a lot of Amish bread.  The problem is, I am eating WAY too much of it.

I have been making 2 - 8 x 8 pans and giving one away.  Well, I've even exhausted the supply of people who want continuous CAKE!  Not the starter, the cake!!  They are blaming ME for the getting fat. The nerve of some people.  :-)

So, I've resorted to giving it to their kids so they will be forced to bring it home. I mean, come on, what KID would resist cake!!  None that I have encountered!

So, I'm starting to think that I MIGHT be getting towards the end.  Of course, every time I think that, I think of some new combination that would be just super! 





This one was no exception. I LOVE coconut.  Like, I ate way too much of this kind of love for coconut.  Luckily the rest of the family shares my love for coconut so I wasn't forced to eat the whole thing.  Still, way too much.

I do still have a couple more ideas so you haven't seen the last of the amish bread here.  Not yet.

This is linked with Just Something I Whipped Up over at The Girl Creative! 


Check out my other Amish Bread!

Week 1 - Cinnamon Bread
Week 2 - Almond Joy
Week 3 - White Chocolate Almond Craisin
Week 4 - Pistachio Pineapple Coconut
Week 5 - Butterscotch Chocolate
Week 6 - Lemon Raspberry or Blueberry
Week 7 - Banana Cream
Week 8 - Oreo
Week 9 - German Chocolate with Coconut Pecan Frosting
Week 10 - Chocolate Covered Cherry
Week 11 - Peaches and Cream
Week 12 - Chocolate Coconut Cream
Week 13 - Strawberry Cheesecake
Week 14 - Amish Pancakes
Week 15 - Apple Cinnamon Pecan Streusel




Chocolate Coconut Cream Amish Bread Recipe


About a cup of starter
3 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp.vanilla
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups flour
2 small boxes of coconut cream instant pudding
1/2 - 1 cup coconut flakes (I don't remember how much I put in)

Glaze:
1 cup chocolate chips (melted)
1 cup powdered sugar
About 1/2 cup coconut
Milk to mix it up into a glaze
(seriously, I just made the glaze up at the last minute so i don't really know how I made it, but you get the idea. I just wanted some chocolate coconut on top!)

Spray pans with cooking spray, either 2 loaf pans or 2 - 8 x 8 pans or a 9 x 13 pan. (I like the 2 - 8 x 8's)  Mix all the cake ingredients together and pour into pans.  Bake for 1 hour at 325.  Cool and frost with icing. Sprinkle with coconut. Devour.





Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

6 comments:

  1. Some thing tells me I need to try this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuuum. Pretty much anything with coconut in it is a dream come true for me! And since you love it too....have you ever made/had cocunut zucchini bread? I had it a few months back and it was like the best thing I ever ate. If you havent let me know and I will get the recipe (the hubs aunt makes it) and send it along if you are interested :) I sure do have a sweet tooth...

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness I ♥ Amish Bread - I too had to stop making the starters because my friends were like NO MORE!

    I'm a new follower from Saturday Spotlight - hope you'll swing by :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should do an Amish Bread cookbook! Seriously. These are some crazy delicious recipes you are cooking up! Wish I lived nearby - I'd happily take them off your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never knew there were so many variations of Amish Friendship Bread! I agree with Renni that you need a cookbook for them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The more I read food blogs, the more I realize there is a lot of food I have not tried. Amish bread is one of them. I am bookmarking this post to make sure I try these recipes. Angie

    ReplyDelete