Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Avocado Ranch Black Bean Dip





Dip for dinner! I love it!

This wasn't the most low calorie dip in the world but it sure was delicious!! 

I didn't measure everything exactly but this is approximately what I put in it.  I only had one avocado but I would totally put 2 in next time, it was fantastic!

I got the recipe from Tricia from Once a Month Mom.  She said to use either ranch or italian dressing.  My original plan was to make 1/2 of it with ranch and 1/2 with fat free zesty italian dressing.  I loved the ranch so much that I ended up using it in all of it.  I'll make it again with the italian. It would be way less calories with the italian too!  

I made homemade tortilla chips with this and ate way too much. It was very filling and it lasted several days in the frig just fine for future lunches and snacks.  

This is linked with:
Cooking Thursday at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom

 


Avocado Ranch Black Bean Dip
Adapted from Once a Month Mom

2 avocado's diced
1 1/2 tbsp. lime juice
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups. frozen corn
1 red pepper, diced
1 1/2 cup onion, diced
1 medium tomato
3/4 cup ranch dressing, light

Mix all ingredients together.  Serve with chips or with lettuce as a wrap.

Total calories = 1935 calories for dip

Homemade tortilla chips

2 - 100 calorie whole wheat tortillas
Cooking spray
Salt, pepper and garlic powder

Cut tortillas into wedges. Spray both sides lightly with cooking spray.  Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder.  Bake for about 15 - 18 minutes at 400.  Watch carefully, they go from almost done to burnt really fast! Experiment with different spices! Cumin, ranch powder and chili powder are all good alternatives!




Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

12 comments:

  1. OMGosh... two of my favs... black bean and avacado... so getting this to make... not sure of the homemade tortia's though.. never done that... thanks Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! I bet it would be delicious on top of lettuce for a lunch time salad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks really creamy and delicious. I could see why you had it for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks good and bean recipes are always appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so good! Anything with black beans and avocado's are tight up our alley! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy-this looks so good. I love dip, avocado's, and black beans. I will definitely try this out for my party this weekend. Thanks for linking up;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. that looks friggin awesome

    i want it.

    like now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great combo, I bet very very tasty

    ReplyDelete
  9. You already know I love corn dip so I gotta try this! I would do the same thing and make it dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbi, I agree! Dip for dinner!!! YES! This look GREAT!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your dip looks really yummy and healthy too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been using more and more black beans in my recipes, and LOVE them. So healthy and tasty. Great dip!

    ReplyDelete