Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Peaches and Cream Amish Bread




Ok, so it's just peach. There is no cream. But I liked how Peaches n' Cream sounded. 

Plus, I totally wanted a nice big dollop of whipped cream on top.  But I ran out.  So you'll just have to use your imagination.



I gave my friend a starter and the first one she created was peach.  Yum!!  She gave me some and it was delicious.  Though great as it was, I was looking for a way to make it more peachy! 

So I had some peach preserves in the frig and made a glaze.  This turned it from great to spectacular!  Wow, this was good. 

This is linked with Sweet Thursday Fruit Edition over at Simply Sweet Home

Check out my other Amish Bread!

Week 1 - Cinnamon Bread
Week 2 - Almond Joy
Week 3 - White Chocolate Almond Craisin
Week 4 - Pistachio Pineapple Coconut
Week 5 - Butterscotch Chocolate
Week 6 - Lemon Raspberry or Blueberry
Week 7 - Banana Cream
Week 8 - Oreo
Week 9 - German Chocolate with Coconut Pecan Frosting
Week 10 - Chocolate Covered Cherry





Peach Amish Bread


About a cup of starter
3 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups flour
2 small boxes of cheesecake instant pudding mix
2 medium peaches, diced

Icing:
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp. sugar free peach preserves
couple of tbsp. of milk to consistency desired


Spray 2 - 8 x 8 pans with cooking spray and dust with sugar.  Mix all the ingredients together. Pour batter evenly in pans.  Bake for 1 hour at 325.  Cool, then drizzle with icing.



Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

15 comments:

  1. That definitely looks lovely and peachy! What a delicious summer recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow does that look like a good one...I'm envisioning the whip cream...yum!!!


    Lots of yummy love,
    Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
    www.mawhats4dinner.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love peaches, nothing says summer to me like the taste of peaches. If sunshine had a flavor, it would be peach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love me some peaches! This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. To me, that glaze makes it - yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks scrumptious. All your Amish breads look so good, but I can't make them because I'd eat them. My husband and son could have a slice a day - I'd scarf the rest with nice cold creamy butter in several hours! But for the holidays or to take to a pot luck - I will definitely try some of your breads.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been given the starter twice and killed it both times!

    I need someone to just make me the bread. Yours looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks wonderul, moist, tasty YUM

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so amazing with this! Talk about creativity!! Thanks for the link for the starter because I am so going to make some and try out your delicious versions!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in love with peaches right now, this looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I am SO making this and damn it there WILL be whipped cream on it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds yummy! And I'll bet the glaze adds a lot to it!

    Thanks for sharing this with us for Sweet Thursday! Hope to see you for this month's cookie event!

    ReplyDelete