Monday, July 26, 2010

Teriyaki Glazed Chicken & Pineapple



I've had this on my ever growing need-to-make list for a couple of months. I saw it from Deborah from Taste and Tell and I printed it right away. We all love pineapple here so I knew this would be good.  

I was waiting until I had a REAL pineapple, not the canned stuff.  I somehow managed to ignore the pineapple I had for too long and by the time I got to it, it wasn't looking too pretty so out we tossed it. 

So I settled for the canned pineapple. My kids eat a ton of fruit so we always have it on hand. 



This didn't disappoint. We loved it.  I did glaze it with teriyaki before breading which was awesome.  I didn't measure too much but was pretty liberal with the teriyaki. 

I also opted for just 1/2 slice of cheese.  It is 70 calories for the cheese and just didn't think it needed that much.  Call me stingy with the calories! 

This was a very easy quick meal that we will for sure make again!!

This is linked with Tuesday Tastes over at Crazy Daisy!  Enter your favorite recipe, and then come back and vote for your favorite!

Also linked with Tasty Tuesday over at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam.  Also at Tuesday at the Table at All the Small Stuff.   Also, Two for Tuesdays over at Girlichef and a bunch of other awesome bloggers!

Also linked over at Real Food Wednesdays over at Kelly the Kitchen Kop!  Great blog, great recipes!  Check her out! 
This is also linked over at Cooking Thursday over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom

This is also linked with the $5 dinner challenge over at $5 dinners!! It's a great fairly inexpensive meal, especially if you get chicken on sale.



Chicken & Pineapple Supreme
Adapted from Taste and Tell

1 lbs. chicken (I had 3 equal sized boneless breasts)
2 tbsp. flour
2 tbsp. teriyaki sauce
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
3 pineapple rings (I used from a can)
1 - 1/2 slices provolone cheese

If your chicken is thick, pound between plastic wrap until it is even.  Coat the chicken with the teriyaki sauce.  In a bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper.  Coat the teriyaki covered chicken in flour and place in a hot pan coated with cooking spray.  Cook on medium until done, turning once.  Place a pineapple ring on each chicken breast, top with 1/2 piece of provolone cheese.  Cook an additional minute or until cheese has melted.

Total calories = 831 calories
3 servings = 277 calories per serving

1 Teriyaki Glazed Chicken & Pineapple + broccoli + cheese garlic toast = 477 calorie dinner




Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

26 comments:

  1. Love chicken, love pineapple. One more to add to the gotta-make-this file.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a wonderful dish for dinner. This one is keeper. I can see why your family enjoyed this dish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You keep doing this, leaving me recipes to make. This is just my cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done this with burgers, and this is definitely much healthier! Did you make your own garlic toast? It looks good, too! If not, what brand is it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so very good! I have to try this!

    Happy Day,
    Jasey @ Crazy Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I never would have thought to bread the chicken after the teriyaki marinade. Thank you for submitting your recipe to the blog hop at Two for Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Deb! I love the combination of teriyaki and pineapple and so do my kids! Thanks for sharing this on the two for tuesday recipe blog hop! :) alex@amoderatelife

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great and easy last minute dinner. I think I have all of these things in my pantry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never had breaded teriyaki chicken...I'll have to put this on our menu to try sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks delicious - pineapple and cheese are such a great combination, and how perfect to put them with chicken - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to say, I really like the idea of pineapple covered with cheese..maybe a really sharp cheddar to contrast the sweetness. This looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my! Teriyaki + pineapple = Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks so yummy. I like the melted cheese on top.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an intriguing combination! Sounds pretty tasty...thanks so much for sharing it at Two for Tuesdays this week =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds good and easy! Love pineapple and with that cheese it would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. They serve that in a burger! YUm.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks seriously wonderful and easy! My kind of food, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's been a long time since I've had a real pineapple and this is the perfect use for it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This sounds really different. Never thought to put cheese on pineapple. Hmmm, need to try it. The chicken sounds great too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. YUM!! This looks and sounds so delicious!! You are so good and what a beautiful presentation. Keep cooking...I love your style!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I always like how you break down the calories and stick with your guns on staying healthy! This looks like a great meal!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This looks so yummy. I thought the cheese was a sauce. It is great to have the nutrition info too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi, Debbie,it's me again. I am following you back! You can always play with my recipes and make them more healthy! We often do. The cheesecake sounds fabulous. I love cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my word - that looks so yummy! I think I know what we're having for dinner. Thank you for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would not have thought to use the teriaki sauce before breading - and I love pineapple and provolone. Thanks for sharing with Two for Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good idea to use 1/2 slice of cheese. Looks like a refreshing dish to me!

    ReplyDelete