Saturday, July 10, 2010

Poppy Seed Apricot Chicken Salad Wrap




This was my first time buying poppy seeds!  I didn't even know where to find them!  They were right in the spice aisle, not hard to find at all.

I've seen a ton of recipes with poppy seeds but just haven't taken the leap. 

Until now.

Chicken salad is my true love so when I saw this, I knew I had to try it! So glad I did because it is awesome!!





I think that she used less chicken as this was not super goopy. It could have used a bit more dressing but it was fine so I left it.  I ate way too much of this, it was super good! I plan to make it again soon!
 





Poppy Seed Apricot Chicken Salad Wrap
Adapted from Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice

Boneless chicken breasts, 1 1/2 lbs.
1 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. thyme
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup mayo, light
1/2 cup sour cream, light
1 tbsp. dijon mustard
1 stalk celery, diced
1/2 cup onion, diced
1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted (any nut would work)
2 green onions (she uses chives but I couldn't find any)
2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
1 tbsp. poppy seeds
1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
Lettuce
8 whole wheat tortillas - 100 calorie

Cook chicken on stove top, season with salt and pepper.  Cool and shred.  In a large bowl, mix mayo, sour cream, lemon juice, mustard, celery, onion, green onion (or chives), parsley, poppy seeds, salt and pepper.  Add apricots and nuts.  Add to chicken and toss.  Put slightly heaping 1/2 cup with lettuce on whole wheat tortillas.

Total calories = 2530 calories
8 servings = 316 calories per wrap

2 Poppy Seed Apricot Chicken Salad Wraps = 632 calorie dinner


Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

14 comments:

  1. I could make this with tuna?? IT looks as good as you say. It would make a change of pace for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm I love poppy seeds and have been thinking about poppy seed dressing lately. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great way to jazz up chicken salad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wraps are such a nice thing to serve in warm weather. Yours look fabulous and the salad sounds delicious. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love poppy seeds! I am not a huge fan of mayo - Debbi do you think I could sub in plain Greek yogurt for the mayo??

    Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love chicken salad, it's such a great thing to have on hand for a quick meal or even snack. And this looks quite tasty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well yum yum yum! Oh, girl, I love me some Poppyseed Chicken! So glad you linked up to Fabulous Friday! You're one of my faves, I totally follow you now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm... I have some cooked chicken just waiting for the right recipe. This might be it. Sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks just wonderful. I am thinking it would be great with peaches too once they come out. Thanks for sharing. Yum

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love poppy seeds!
    Great addition to chicken salad!
    My kids love whole wheat noodles with a bit of butter and poppy seeds. Simpley and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just the thing for some chicken leftovers...

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg this looks sooooo good!!! you're making me hungry!!! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  13. YUM! Please save me one or two. Looks delicious. I would love to try it with peaches..

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad you found the poppy seeds! This is so delicious - I want to make it again. Thanks for trying it!

    ReplyDelete