Sunday, July 25, 2010

Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies



I don't make desserts too often. I just can't. If I do, I eat them. A lot of them. It just isn't pretty.

I've had a series of events lately.  Family picnics, BBQ's, party's, vacation, that sorta stuff.  Well, events like these enable you to break the no dessert rule.  I pretty much smashed that rule to pieces.  I've been making desserts like crazy! 

This one was awesome. I got this from One Crazy Cookie.  I failed to get some photos. I managed to snap a shot while cutting them, then proceeded to take them to my dad's house for a party.  They were all eaten in record time and I never snatched a picture.  In fact, I barely even tasted them! When I was cutting them, I just ate a small corner of bliss before whisking them away. 

Speaking of cutting. Take her advice and cut them before the top has set all the way. I failed to do this which resulted in the top coming off. It hardens into one big piece and it didn't cut too well.  No one seemed to mind.  The pan was literally licked clean.  (I admit to snatching a few broken, lost pieces of topping).

So head on over to her site to see the awesome pictures of this fantastic dessert!!  You won't be sorry!!

This is linked with:
 Just Something I Whipped Up at The Girl Creative.
Ultimate Recipe Swap at Life as Mom.
Ingredient Spotlight: Sweetened Condensed Milk at Eat at Home.
Recipe of the Week: Brownies at Family Fresh Meals

Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies
Adapted from One Crazy Cookie

1 box brownie mix
1 - 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup peanut butter (I used chunky)
1 cup chocolate chips (I used semi sweet)
2 tsp. oil
1 cup toffee heath bits

Make brownie mix as directed on package.  Spray 13 x 9 pan with cooking spray and pour brownie batter in it. Combine softened cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter.  Spoon evenly over the brownie mix and spread as evenly as possible.  Bake for 35 - 40 minutes at 350.  Cool. 

Combine chocolate chips and oil and microwave until softened.  Pour over the peanut butter layer. Sprinkle the top with the toffee heath bits.  Cool in refrigerator. Cut before the top chocolate layer completely hardens. 

Do you really want to know the calories? 

Really?

Calories = 7900 calories
35 bars = 226 calories per bar

I ended up cutting these in 7 rows across and 5 rows down for 35 bars. Totally worth every calorie!



Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

22 comments:

  1. My son would go crazy for these! This looks like something perfect to take to a covered dish meal of sorts. I will have to save the recipe. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! No, I didn't need to know the calories ;) I am definitely going to try these. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! These look amazing. And downright dangerous. :) Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word.... Those look so flippin yummy ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great! I saw the 7900 calories & my jaw dropped but the 226 seem a bit more reasonable :) Definitely motivates me not to make it & eat the entire batch myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie this is a great "go to" recipe for picnics, barbecues, etc. Thanks Joni

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peanut butter, cheesecake and brownies... say no more! You don't even need pictures for it, the name is good enough.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can never go wrong with peanut butter! Hope you had a great weekend Debbi!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These do look great...and I think it's best not to know the calories when eating these types of things. If you don't know, it doesn't seem as bad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this looks so delicious! where do you get the PB2?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Umm...these look amazing. I'll probably have dreams about them tonight.

    You are the *Debbi I was referring to. The link has been fixed. Now give me a great dinner idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. aren't those decadent things? oh boy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look like they are worth every calorie consumed! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How insanely delicious! And totally addicting...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I definitely will be making these since they're easy and I need new brownie ideas. Thanks! They look tremendous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your look better than mine!! Glad you liked them!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the sweet words!! I really needed it today!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. GENIUS! LOVE IT! WANT SOME.... I'LL JUST STOP THERE! YOU TOTALLY NEED TO POST MORE DESSERTS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my! Delicious! There are no calories in chocolate, there are no calories in chocolate... repeat this and it will be true :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ok, you take the cake! These are the 3 best things all rolled up in one. WOW!

    ReplyDelete