Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Oreo Amish Friendship Bread



So are you sick of seeing Amish bread yet here??

I'm still having fun coming up with different creations. 

So I found Oreo pudding mix at the store. Oreos, yum.  It was interesting, the box was big but the ounces were closer to the small boxes. I'm guessing because of the chunks of oreo. Anyways, I used 2 boxes.  I meant to actually buy oreos and put some chunks in there but that just didn't happen.

This was good. The chunks of oreo are pretty small but it does still taste like oreo! 

Because of the extra pudding, I used less sugar. The last couple of breads have been really sweet.  Don't get me wrong, sweet is good but I did think that this could do with less sugar. I also subbed 1/2 the oil with applesauce. I am going to do this for all of them. It still tasted great and it lessens the calories by a lot.  

This is linked with Make It From Scratch!  Check them out for some awesome recipes and tips!

This is linked with Amish Recipes at Susie QT Pies!






Check out my other Amish Bread creations:
Week 1 - Cinnamon Bread
Week 2 - Almond Joy
Week 3 - White Chocolate Almond Craisin
Week 4 - Pistachio Pineapple Coconut
Week 5 - Butterscotch Chocolate
Week 6 - Lemon Raspberry or Blueberry
Week 7 - Banana Cream


Oreo Amish Bread

About a cup of Amish Starter 
3 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups flour
2 boxes Oreo pudding mix


Spray 2 - 8 x 8 pans with cooking spray.  Mix all the ingredients together and pour evenly into the pans.  If you have oreos, you can chop some up and press into batter.  Bake 1 hour at 325.  Cool.  Consume in great quantities.


Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

15 comments:

  1. My fifteen year old son is an Oreo fan, he loves Oreo ice cream sandwiches. I'm sure he'd love this too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could never get bored of anything that involves oreo stuffed heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are getting so creative with these Amish breads! I haven't had an oreo an ages, now I want one! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. ummm, this sounds wonderful
    I stayed with 3 grands this week for 4 days and ate a LOT of Oreos..:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of your loafs of bread look delicious! I don't know how anything can top oreo bread but I look forward to your next creation. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking up and the advice. I need to figure that out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM!! Save me a piece..no save me a loaf!! Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This may be my new favorite Amish Bread! I love everything Oreo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think I will ever tire of your Amish bread recipes....I may not use anymore of them until the weather is back in the double digets. I'll bookmark this for later!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've inspired me to make Amish started. I haven't had it in YEARS!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oreo pudding would be such a great addition to this! Good thinking :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love OREO anything! Mmmm! They are illegal in this house! LOL! I can devour an entire package in a weekend....ALONE! :) If we bring OREOs into the house it has to be the individual serving size! Too dangerous!

    If I ever get around to making Amish Friendship Bread, I heading right over here for some great combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am following you back! Thanks for the follow. I am always looking for new recipes and I love amish bread!

    ReplyDelete