Thursday, July 15, 2010

Grilled Pizza Burgers




I am the guest judge this week at On The Grill over at Our Homeschool Home.  I will make the winners recipe and feature it on my blog in the next few weeks plus you'll get a snazzy little button to display on your blog from On The Grill telling the world how awesome I think your recipe is!!  So head on over and link up your favorite recipe to her site!  You have until Sunday evening. Don't forget to put a link to her site in your post!  It doesn't have to be a grilled recipe, it can be any recipe you want!  If I like it! I'll make it!

Now, on to the pizza burgers!!

Everyone loves pizza, everyone love burgers. Put them together and it's awesome.  Seriously good stuff.  They don't look overly impressive from the photos but the flavoring and spices was spot on. 

The husband had the idea for putting some pepperoni before the cheese was melted but I don't think it needs it at all. 



I know we like to make mini pizzas on English Muffins and you could certainly serve these burgers on English Muffins. I used my trusted Arnold Select Sandwich Thins. I love how they are 100 calories and they taste great! 

I also put 1/2 slice of provolone cheese.  One slice was pretty big and was 70 calories, so mine had 35 calories.  Go ahead and add what you'd like but this is what is reflected in the calorie count below. 

This is my submission to Reeni's Burger Club over at Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice!  Hurry up and get your burger recipes linked up this weekend!

This is also linked up with Foodie Friday from Designs by Gollum. Also over at Friday Favorites from Simply Sweet Home. Also Flashback Friday at Kitchen Bouquet. Also linked with Tailgating Time over at The Tiny Skillet.  Check out more tailgating recipes! Make these into sliders and they would be great!






Grilled Pizza Burgers


2 lbs. ground turkey
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
1 large onion, chopped
1/4 cup minced cilantro (or you could use parsley)
1 1/2 tsp. basil, dried
1 1/2 tsp. oregano
1 1/2 tsp. crushed rosemary
1 tsp. black pepper
Provolone cheese
1 cup pizza sauce

Combine ground turkey, eggs, parmesan cheese, cilantro and spices. Shape into 8 burger patties. Either grill or pan fry hamburgers until done.  Top with provolone cheese (I used 1/2 slice).  Serve with 2 tbsp. pizza sauce on Arnold Selects sandwich thins, or english muffins. 

Total calories = 3081 calories
8 servings = 382 calories per burger

Pizza Burger + coleslaw = 532 calorie dinner

Here's some more lower calorie burger recipes!

Garlic Ranch Turkey Burgers

Turkey Taco Burgers

Green Chile Pepper & Cream Cheese Burgers


Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

24 comments:

  1. Yum! Way to go! That burger looks delicious and the calorie count is perfect! Have a good weekend, Debbi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this looks delicious!

    Thanks so much for being this week's Guest Judge for On the Grill!

    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds awesome. I love turkey burgers! I remember Orange Julius serving hot dogs with sauce, cheese and Italian seasoning. It would be so much better on a burger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds great. My mom and I have decided we are going to try this before she leaves town.

    Jennifer
    http://wecanlosethepounds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're a gal after my own heart, Debbie. I can tell you and I are going to be great friends! :)

    New Friday follower in the house. Hope you'll come return the favor!

    Lots of yummy love,
    Alex aka Ma, What's For Dinner
    www.mawhats4dinner.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha that's so cool! Never heard of anything like that before. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow those look good Debbi, I actually prefer ground turkey over beef.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great burger! My kids would love the pizza flavor and I would love that it's healthier for them. This grill has been my best friend this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an interesting idea. Who would have thought to mix burgers and pizza?? I'll have to try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so yummy! I'm so glad I came across your blog. I'm always trying to find new healthy recipes. I'm now a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks delicious! I have to try those sandwich thins, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tonight we tried the ranch turkey burgers. I am a big fan of the sandwich thins and we used them. We used hidden valley spicy ranch(packet) and they were SOOOO good. I put some light sour cream on top and some lettuce. My mom said it is the best burger she EVER ATE. Thanks for the recipe :)

    For lunch we had Dawne's egg bake and it was fabulous too. A day of new recipes that were just awesome and things will we continue to make for years to come!

    Jennifer
    http://wecanlosethepounds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum! Looks and sounds delicious as always!! Would love to eat dinner at your house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The pizza burgers sound delicious. Easy to prepare too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks fabulous! I am a burger lover and this is something I think would become a family fav.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've actually never HAD a pizza burger before, but I've always wanted to try one! This one looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've never made a burger like this before. You've made it sound delicious and appealing. I really have to try this. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've never tried a pizza burger before but I know it would taste great. Like you say..I love pizza..I love burgers..throw them together and its gotta be good. I really like those little sandwich thins too. Great invention. Thanks for joining me in the flashback!

    ReplyDelete
  19. these sound delicious! here are two award for you!

    http://outtatheboxintothekitchen.blogspot.com/2010/07/more-blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. These sound really good. Who wouldn't love a pizza burger? It is a very cute idea. I am sure my husband would say the same thing about peperoni.

    ReplyDelete
  21. How'd you know I was craving a pizza burger? I haven't had one of these in a while...Two favorites in one! So delicious! Thanks for sending it to the Burger Club - the round-up should be up late tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Grea idea! This sounds good! Thanks for linking up with me for Friday Favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Definitely a great idea! I love those sandwich thins and this would work perfectly to jazz up a veggie burger too! Thanks for linking up to Tailgating Time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Debbi you always have such great ideas! Thanks for bringing them to Tailgating Time!

    ReplyDelete